Pioneer Electronics BDR-XS07UHD

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
BrianDW

Pioneer Electronics BDR-XS07UHD

Post by BrianDW »

Having received my tax return, I'm looking to buy a new drive.
(I already have a Pioneer BDR-XDO7, which works fine, but another backup is always good. I also have used a Buffalo and an LG ((both flashed)) which are nowhere near as reliable as the Pioneer.)

The Pioneer Electronics BDR-XS07UHD is on the list of Recommended UHD Drives to get, but how do I know that if I buy this NEW from Best Buy or Amazon that it doesn't have the firmware update that disables Libre Drive?

Is there any way to know?

Thanks for any help / advice.
MartyMcNuts

Re: Pioneer Electronics BDR-XS07UHD

Post by MartyMcNuts »

BrianDW wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:00 am
Having received my tax return, I'm looking to buy a new drive.
(I already have a Pioneer BDR-XDO7, which works fine, but another backup is always good. I also have used a Buffalo and an LG ((both flashed)) which are nowhere near as reliable as the Pioneer.)

The Pioneer Electronics BDR-XS07UHD is on the list of Recommended UHD Drives to get, but how do I know that if I buy this NEW from Best Buy or Amazon that it doesn't have the firmware update that disables Libre Drive?

Is there any way to know?

Thanks for any help / advice.
You can check the manufacture date on the box and it needs to be prior to Dec 2022 to be compatible.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
BrianDW

Post by BrianDW »

thanks.
mjholbert

Post by mjholbert »

Can anyone suggest a place to get a BDR-XS07UHD with the Dec 2022 build date? I just purchased from from Amazon that arrived today and it showed up with a March 2023 build date.
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

mjholbert wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:28 am
Can anyone suggest a place to get a BDR-XS07UHD with the Dec 2022 build date? I just purchased from from Amazon that arrived today and it showed up with a March 2023 build date.
It sounds like you need to find a dedicated supplier of "UHD-Friendly Drives"... :mrgreen:. The last time I checked, Asmcom (who advertise in this forum) still has some LibreDrive-compatible Pioneers.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

mjholbert wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:28 am
Yes we have BDR-XS07TUHD on libredrive Friendly firmware.

viewtopic.php?t=19387

Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387