LG BP50NB40 Firmware

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
JHanko

LG BP50NB40 Firmware

Post by JHanko »

First of all, a big thanks to everyone involved with the UHD Flashing Guide. An absolutely crazy amount of information there. I picked up an LG BP50NB40 drive with SVC code NB50. I have read the entire guide and it seems I first need to go to BP50NB40-NB50-1.03MK, then to BP60NB10-1.00MK. The problem is I cannot find those firmware versions. I have downloaded the "The all you need firmware pack", the "Hybrid" firmware for this drive and the MK Firmware pack. I can't find either of those versions anywhere. Any help would be appreciated...
MartyMcNuts

Re: LG BP50NB40 Firmware

Post by MartyMcNuts »

JHanko wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:11 am
First of all, a big thanks to everyone involved with the UHD Flashing Guide. An absolutely crazy amount of information there. I picked up an LG BP50NB40 drive with SVC code NB50. I have read the entire guide and it seems I first need to go to BP50NB40-NB50-1.03MK, then to BP60NB10-1.00MK. The problem is I cannot find those firmware versions. I have downloaded the "The all you need firmware pack", the "Hybrid" firmware for this drive and the MK Firmware pack. I can't find either of those versions anywhere. Any help would be appreciated...
They are there. We call them MK as it is easier than NM..................

Also, BU40N 1.00 is recommended over BP60NB10 1.00-MK as has better software compatibility. Check out the SDFtool Flasher thread.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
JHanko

Post by JHanko »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:00 am

Also, BU40N 1.00 is recommended over BP60NB10 1.00-MK as has better software compatibility. Check out the SDFtool Flasher thread.
Thanks! I found those. I assumed the filenames matched the generic firmware names. One more thing... I can't find BU40N 1.00. I found 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03 though.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

JHanko wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:10 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:00 am

Thanks! I found those. I assumed the filenames matched the generic firmware names. One more thing... I can't find BU40N 1.00. I found 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03 though.
BU40N 1.00 is an original firmware, not an MK one. It should be in the "all you need firmware pack" that you have. If not, it is in mine which you can get from the first post of the SDFtool flasher thread.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
JHanko

Post by JHanko »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:35 pm
BU40N 1.00 is an original firmware, not an MK one. It should be in the "all you need firmware pack" that you have. If not, it is in mine which you can get from the first post of the SDFtool flasher thread.
Thanks, and sorry for being so slow Marty. I finally found everything I needed. BU40N 1.00 is not in the "All you need firmware pack" that is linked in the Ultimate flashing guide thread. I got confused (and a couple other people did too), as I didn't catch the fact that there are 2 different firmware pack files with similar names ("All You Need Firmware Pack.zip" and "All You Need Firmware Pack (MartyMcNuts).zip"). If you're not paying close attention, one might think they were the same file. Anyway, all the files I needed were in YOUR firmware pack. My drive should be here in a couple of days. I feel completely prepared to successfully flash it. Thanks again for the wonderful service that you are providing...
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

JHanko wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:25 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:35 pm
Thanks, and sorry for being so slow Marty. I finally found everything I needed. BU40N 1.00 is not in the "All you need firmware pack" that is linked in the Ultimate flashing guide thread. I got confused (and a couple other people did too), as I didn't catch the fact that there are 2 different firmware pack files with similar names ("All You Need Firmware Pack.zip" and "All You Need Firmware Pack (MartyMcNuts).zip"). If you're not paying close attention, one might think they were the same file. Anyway, all the files I needed were in YOUR firmware pack. My drive should be here in a couple of days. I feel completely prepared to successfully flash it. Thanks again for the wonderful service that you are providing...
No worries. For your particular drive model, the flashing process is mentioned in that same first post of the SDFtool Flasher thread. It is easy to follow and I also provided a visual aid to make it super simple.
JHanko

Post by JHanko »

It took less than a minute to successfully flash the drive. Ripping the first UHD disk (The Martian) at 6X right now... :D
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

abbotta2 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:00 am
Hi,
In terms of the flashing process, where can detailed instructions be found, and are there any visual aids available to assist with the process?
READ 3 POSTS ABOVE THIS ONE!!!