Slim internal UHD drive

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
josepr

Slim internal UHD drive

Post by josepr »

I am looking what uhd internal slim drives are available and the only one I can see is:
HLDS BU40N (Still seems to be available in amazon)

Did find the Verbatim 43888, which is external but is it possible to remove the internal odd from it? Possible without destroying the enclosure? As I already have a few LGs x 5.25 wanted to get a Pioneer if possible.
wyzxvnv

Re: Slim internal UHD drive

Post by wyzxvnv »

Yes, it is possible to remove it. On sides there are small holes and you have to pry the top and bottom metal plate ...

josepr wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:44 am
I am looking what uhd internal slim drives are available and the only one I can see is:

Did find the Verbatim 43888, which is external but is it possible to remove the internal odd from it? Possible without destroying the enclosure? As I already have a few LGs x 5.25 wanted to get a Pioneer if possible.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

josepr wrote:

if you have the 5.25 lgs why not get a 5.25 pioneer with old fw i have some in the usa and asmcom has them in the UK and Marty in the AU
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:19 pm
josepr wrote:

if you have the 5.25 lgs why not get a 5.25 pioneer with old fw i have some in the usa and asmcom has them in the UK and Marty in the AU
I second that. And if you think an enclosure is too expensive, replace one LG with a Pioneer and with this cheap adapter you can still use the removed LG via USB. You can even flash with this adapter and attach old hard disks or SATA-SSDs.

https://www.amazon.com/BENFEI-Drive-Ada ... r=8-2&th=1
josepr

Post by josepr »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:19 pm
josepr wrote:

Form factor currently have space for one slim odd in my case and like to keep it need all together nothing external right now. May get a 5.25 if i decide to build another a bigger case later.