Asus BW-16D1HT Problems Burning BD50s

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
DeathStalker

Asus BW-16D1HT Problems Burning BD50s

Post by DeathStalker »

Greetings all!

I have been having a lot of problems burning BD50s (even Verbatim!) - BD25s burn just fine. Here is the info from MakeMKV:

Drive Information
OS device name: #
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1HT
Revision: 3.03
Serial number: ##############
Firmware date: 2118-01-19 15:58
Bus encryption flags: 1F

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 3.03
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)

What is my BEST (and easiest) option for effectively BURNING (NOT RIPPING BD50s?

Thanks!!!

--- DS
MartyMcNuts

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Problems Burning BD50s

Post by MartyMcNuts »

DeathStalker wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:48 pm
Greetings all!

I have been having a lot of problems burning BD50s (even Verbatim!) - BD25s burn just fine. Here is the info from MakeMKV:

Drive Information
OS device name: #
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1HT
Revision: 3.03
Serial number: ##############
Firmware date: 2118-01-19 15:58
Bus encryption flags: 1F

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 3.03
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)

What is my BEST (and easiest) option for effectively BURNING (NOT RIPPING BD50s?

Thanks!!!

--- DS
Terrible choice of drive for burning. LG & ASUS are absolute garbage when it comes to writing discs. Your best option for writing discs is to get yourself a Pioneer drive.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

That's not the most helpful of answers :-( I have no issues with anything other than BD50s. Considering this is just about the most popular drive out there, that doesn't seem like a logical answer.....

You have 64 pages of posts regarding Asus & LG - so why the "nasty" response to my question? 3.10 would SEEM to be an upgrade from 3.03 - what are the specific differences?

I'm not looking to do ripping, so I'm not sure about LibreDrive (MK) vs original (DE). All I'm asking is would 3.10 DE make a difference in burning BD50s?

Thanks.

--- DS
Last edited by DeathStalker on Tue May 21, 2024 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

DeathStalker wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:13 am
That's not the most helpful of answers :-( I have no issues with anything other than BD50s. Considering this is just about the most popular drive out there, that doesn't seem like a logical answer.....

--- DS
I think you mean one of the least popular drives out there....
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

When I said "popular" I mean most SOLD - look at the major sellers. It's also listed at one of the "best" (even in 2024) for reviews (all that takes is a quick search on any engine).

I don't understand the snarky responses.

--- DS
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Pioneer drives are considered the best drives for burning discs especially multi-layer discs, on this forum anyway.

Personally, I don't have a lot of recent experience with burning any discs. It has been many years since I burned any discs.

As in this thread, when folks report burn failures with multi-layer discs with LG or ASUS drives, a Pioneer drive is always suggested as the solution.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

DeathStalker wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:44 am
When I said "popular" I mean most SOLD - look at the major sellers. It's also listed at one of the "best" (even in 2024) for reviews (all that takes is a quick search on any engine).

I don't understand the snarky responses.

--- DS
You should read this. But be warned. The discs are getting worse. The best were Verbatim Japan but since the manufacturing equipment was now transferred to Taiwan not anymore. I had good success with Ritek and a Pioneer drive using this method but I don't burn anymore and store everything on hard drives.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/the-lon ... -tl.86133/