Website is back up - Anyone knows what caused the outage for reals?

All topics related to functioning of this forum or MakeMKV website
RaphaelLouis

Website is back up - Anyone knows what caused the outage for reals?

Post by RaphaelLouis »

Title says it all: Website is back up - Anyone knows what caused the outage for reals? I'm relatively new to the game, and I never experienced the issue. Going through the forums I saw that this is a common (yearly?) occurrence? What got me even more worried was that when I tried ripping a brand spanking new Blu-Ray MakeMKV could not download the key to properly decrypt the disk, so I could not rip it, rendering the whole idea of having a Libredrive, Plex, my own personal private collection, etc. complete void...!

Thankfully, tonight, 2023-06-19, it is back up, and yes, I am ripping said disk successfully. But seriously, I would very much appreciate some insights on this, so I can have a "plan B" in case it all goes kaputs one of these days forever...

Kindly share any information you guys may have? Thank you in advance. R.
MartyMcNuts

Re: Website is back up - Anyone knows what caused the outage for reals?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

RaphaelLouis wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:00 am
Title says it all: Website is back up - Anyone knows what caused the outage for reals? I'm relatively new to the game, and I never experienced the issue. Going through the forums I saw that this is a common (yearly?) occurrence? What got me even more worried was that when I tried ripping a brand spanking new Blu-Ray MakeMKV could not download the key to properly decrypt the disk, so I could not rip it, rendering the whole idea of having a Libredrive, Plex, my own personal private collection, etc. complete void...!

Thankfully, tonight, 2023-06-19, it is back up, and yes, I am ripping said disk successfully. But seriously, I would very much appreciate some insights on this, so I can have a "plan B" in case it all goes kaputs one of these days forever...

Kindly share any information you guys may have? Thank you in advance. R.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31225
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
lostcowboy

Post by lostcowboy »

Just a oh by the way the FAQ looks to be down right now. https://www.makemkv.com/faq/
lostcowboy

Post by lostcowboy »

I don't know if this well help recover the FAQ, but this is from the archive.org, https://makemkv.com/faq/
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

(if we could just convince Mike to repair that part of the website sometime soon.... but he keeps taking time to improve the program...)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging