LibreDrive for Pioneer drives

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Billycar11

Re: LibreDrive for Pioneer drives

Post by Billycar11 »

bultom wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:54 pm
Yeah that sucks we can't flash what we want as soon as we accept the fact of voiding warranty

Like on some smartphones, you wonna flash somthing that is not supported by the contructor ? ok go ahead but you loose warranty :D

And this is that fair :)
There's no way to forfeit warranty on them everyone would do it if so and alot of phones these days the bootloader is forever locked how we have come to accept this I don't know imagine not being able to install whatever os you want on your PC it's the same thing.
And I don't 100% agree with voiding the warranty for puting their older software back on anyway.
Yeah fine void it I put custom fw that makes the blu-ray spin at 50x and blows it up but why should the warranty be void for going back to an old official version.

Many people in the vista days had xp installed at the store and they kept the hardware warranty its the same thing.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
bultom

Post by bultom »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:42 pm

And I don't 100% agree with voiding the warranty for puting their older software back on anyway.
Yeah fine void it I put custom fw that makes the blu-ray spin at 50x and blows it up but why should the warranty be void for going back to an old official version.

Many people in the vista days had xp installed at the store and they kept the hardware warranty its the same thing.
Yeah i'm ok also for downgrading, it should let us to flash back if we see we loose features (eheh it's an hidden features the ability to rip my OWN disks) i totally agree we should have that power too

(Like in console world, when you flash a firmware after waiting mounths just to play 5 minutes online and *bang* a breach in the firmware you had for mounths , sometimes for years ... xD )

This world actually sucks and is getting worse :p
kevin040474

Post by kevin040474 »

here is my Pioneer info will my drive be LibreDrive supported

Drive Information
OS device name: F:
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-XS07U
Revision: 1.03
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2023-01-06
Bus encryption flags: 13

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8E21
Firmware version: ID05

Disc Information
Label: MARRIED_WITH_CHILDREN_S3D1
Timestamp: 2014-03-06 16:33:51
Data capacity: 7.48 Gb
Disc type: DVD-ROM
Disc size: 120mm
Maximum read rate: 10.08 Mbps [1x]
Number of layers: 2 (OTP)
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

kevin040474 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:52 pm
here is my Pioneer info will my drive be LibreDrive supported

Drive Information
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Product: BD-RW BDR-XS07U
Revision: 1.03
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2023-01-06
Bus encryption flags: 13

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8E21

Disc Information
Label: MARRIED_WITH_CHILDREN_S3D1
Timestamp: 2014-03-06 16:33:51
Data capacity: 7.48 Gb
Disc type: DVD-ROM
Disc size: 120mm
Maximum read rate: 10.08 Mbps [1x]
Number of layers: 2 (OTP)
Probably not anytime soon.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
wyzxvnv

Post by wyzxvnv »

Hello

I am lucky with my new japanese drive with old firmware, but LibreDrive is not enabled. What can I do?

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: Q:
Product: BD-RW BDR-X13
Revision: 1.01
Serial number: XXXXXX
Firmware date: 2022-02-18
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 19

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS9400
Firmware version: ID15

No disc inserted
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

wyzxvnv wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:59 pm
Hello

I am lucky with my new japanese drive with old firmware, but LibreDrive is not enabled. What can I do?

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: Q:
Product: BD-RW BDR-X13
Revision: 1.01
Serial number: XXXXXX
Firmware date: 2022-02-18
Highest AACS version: 19

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS9400
Firmware version: ID15

No disc inserted
Contact Mike. He should be able to extract your drive's firmware and enable libredrive.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:11 pm
Probably not anytime soon.
Deep Thought paused for a moment's reflection.
"Tricky," he said finally.
"But can you do it?"
Again, a significant pause.
"Yes," said Deep Thought, "I can do it."
"There is an answer?" said Fook with breathless excitement.
"Yes," said Deep Thought. "LibreDrive for Pioneers with firmware from December 2022. There is an answer. But, I'll have to think about it."
thePENGUIN

Post by thePENGUIN »

Hello fellow enthusiasts!!!

I have a BDR-XD08UMB-S

Is this external drive compatible with libredrive and or can it be flashed? My intentions is to backup 4kuhd disc. I attempted to look up any info regarding my inquiry but found mixed results. Any assistance would ve greatly appreciated thanks.

Drive Information
Product: BD-RW BDR-XD08U
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: xxxxxxx
Firmware date: 2022-12-27
Highest AACS version: 76

Libredrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS9331
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

thePENGUIN wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:22 am
Hello fellow enthusiasts!!!

I have a BDR-XD08UMB-S

Is this external drive compatible with libredrive and or can it be flashed? My intentions is to backup 4kuhd disc. I attempted to look up any info regarding my inquiry but found mixed results. Any assistance would ve greatly appreciated thanks.

Drive Information
Product: BD-RW BDR-XD08U
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: xxxxxxx
Firmware date: 2022-12-27
Highest AACS version: 76

Libredrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS9331
sadly no you will have to wait or return it and buy a desktop pioneer from a seller in your region that has old fw
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
thePENGUIN

Post by thePENGUIN »

Thank you for the quick response!!!

I dont mind waiting at all.. however I'm curious as to if a solution is currently being processed or soon will be. Thank you for your assistance.
thePENGUIN

Post by thePENGUIN »

Also im willing to pay for this patch/fix if this will expedite the process :wink:
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

thePENGUIN wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:08 am
Also im willing to pay for this patch/fix if this will expedite the process :wink:
thePENGUIN wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:05 am
Thank you for the quick response!!!

I dont mind waiting at all.. however I'm curious as to if a solution is currently being processed or soon will be. Thank you for your assistance.
there is not even a way to downgrade those currently so i am not able to help

Mike is working on it but there is no eta and pioneer has recently released new fw in September so he has to start over again and he was working on the other fw for 9 months before pioneer released the new one and libredrive v2 for pioneer was not released in that time period so it could be a while
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:21 am
Mike is working on it but there is no eta and pioneer has recently released new fw in September so he has to start over again and he was working on the other fw for 9 months before pioneer released the new one and libredrive v2 for pioneer was not released in that time period so it could be a while
It's fairly clear that Pioneer wants to break LibreDrive across its entire (supported) product range, which means that they'll almost certainly release new firmware as soon as LibreDrive v2 were released anyway. Wouldn't that imply that the best we could hope for in any case would be just to advance the current "December 2022" firmware cut-off? Basically redraw the line in the sand, although I have no idea where the "optimal" next new line might be.
Last edited by MrPenguin on Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

The problem with that theory is that for some stupid reason people seem hellbent on "upgrading to the latest firmware" as soon as they see a new one. And then come on here with "oops, I'm such an idiot. So when's it going to be fixed anyway?" Do you genuinely think that if people were told not to flash them that they'd listen? I have zero faith in that.
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:38 pm
The problem with that theory is that for some stupid reason people seem hellbent on "upgrading to the latest firmware" as soon as they see a new one. And then come on here with "oops, I'm such an idiot. So when's it going to be fixed anyway?" Do you genuinely think that if people were told not to flash them that they'd listen? I have zero faith in that.
Err, is this replying to my comment? Because I would consider the notion that "Pioneer will continue to update their firmware for as long as they still support those products" to be a reasonable and obvious observation rather than just a "theory" :|. And since Pioneer is also obviously hell-bent on breaking LibreDrive now then I don't see why they would stop once LibreDrive v2 is eventually released either.

And no, I don't expect everyone to stop upgrading their firmware to the "latest and (not so) greatest" version, but to be blunt, I don't really see how that's MakeMKV's problem. LibreDrive works for firmware up to a certain point (currently those released prior to December 2022), and MakeMKV is graciously working to support later versions, but wouldn't it make more sense to release an updated interim LibreDrive version that at least works for firmware up to September 2023, rather than "start[ing] over again" and releasing nothing?

I for one would appreciate a LibreDrive release containing all that apparently now discarded work :(. Would this prevent LibreDrive's ongoing development somehow?