Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Coopervid

Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?

Post by Coopervid »

MKVShogun wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:21 am
Coopervid wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:06 am
MKVShogun wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:09 pm

Thanks, basically the same as IlikeMovies

Would Prefer 5,25"
Would like to read 4k-Blurays, but it doesn't have to.
Check your PM.
Thanks, not sure what the policy here is to gain PM permissions... do you also have an offer on UHD ? Just asking, I might be still going for the BD Version
Take it or leave it.
Mike_DHU

Post by Mike_DHU »

kibu2 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:52 am
I have the same interest as OP and am also located in Germany; would you be so kind to send / forward me that PM as well, please?
Is the "PM" for me available too? (Germany and 5,25 Drive for UHD's)

Thank you in advance
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Mike_DHU wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:53 am
kibu2 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:52 am
I have the same interest as OP and am also located in Germany; would you be so kind to send / forward me that PM as well, please?
Is the "PM" for me available too? (Germany and 5,25 Drive for UHD's)

Thank you in advance
Of course.
Mike_DHU

Post by Mike_DHU »

Hi Coopervid,

thank you for your fast answer.
I need a few moments to decide.
:)
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Germans would not survive in countries where they shoot from the hip. :D :D
dmitche3

Post by dmitche3 »

Coopervid wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:05 am
Please let us know your country of residence to give the best advice for a Pioneer. And also if you prefer a slim or 5,25" drive.
I'm in the U.S. and I'd like to know the best DVD/BluRay reader (I don't burn them). I don't care if it is internal or external.
If you are still sending out PMs I appreciate that very much. Thank you.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

dmitche3 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:53 am
Coopervid wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:05 am
Please let us know your country of residence to give the best advice for a Pioneer. And also if you prefer a slim or 5,25" drive.
I'm in the U.S. and I'd like to know the best DVD/BluRay reader (I don't burn them). I don't care if it is internal or external.
If you are still sending out PMs I appreciate that very much. Thank you.
PM sent.
Wandering_Smoke

Post by Wandering_Smoke »

Hello. I'm in the same boat as everybody else here. Looking for the most reliable UHD capable slim 9.5mm internal optical drive to install in the small form factor PC that I'm building. It doesn't have to be the newest model because I can find just about anything on eBay. I just want a high quality reliable one, if they exist.

For reference, I live in the USA. The PC I'm building will have a Linux OS. Nobara specifically. My current PC is running Windows, but it's older than windows 10. I'm not going to 'upgrade' it just to flash an optical drive.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Wandering_Smoke wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 pm
Hello. I'm in the same boat as everybody else here. Looking for the most reliable UHD capable slim 9.5mm internal optical drive to install in the small form factor PC that I'm building. It doesn't have to be the newest model because I can find just about anything on eBay. I just want a high quality reliable one, if they exist.

For reference, I live in the USA. The PC I'm building will have a Linux OS. Nobara specifically. My current PC is running Windows, but it's older than windows 10. I'm not going to 'upgrade' it just to flash an optical drive.
BU40N
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
TheJonny272

Post by TheJonny272 »

Hey there,
I´m new to the Forum, but not to the Software. Have bought an Asus BW-16D1HT, but that doesn´t seem to be very good from what I have read here. Are there other drives that you could recommend to a german Blu-Ray enthusiast? :D 4K Ripping capabilities would be much appreciated, but long lasting is definitly my priority. Had an older LG just crap out in the middle of a rip, that was annoying... And this Asus drive seems pretty picky with my Blu-Rays, even after a downgrade to version 3.10.

Best regards

Jonny
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

TheJonny272 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:24 am
Hey there,
I´m new to the Forum, but not to the Software. Have bought an Asus BW-16D1HT, but that doesn´t seem to be very good from what I have read here. Are there other drives that you could recommend to a german Blu-Ray enthusiast? :D 4K Ripping capabilities would be much appreciated, but long lasting is definitly my priority. Had an older LG just crap out in the middle of a rip, that was annoying... And this Asus drive seems pretty picky with my Blu-Rays, even after a downgrade to version 3.10.

Best regards

Jonny
If your in the USA the pioneer s13ubk is very good. I have them with old fw see below for details
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
TheJonny272

Post by TheJonny272 »

If your in the USA the pioneer s13ubk is very good. I have them with old fw see below for details
Well, I´m a german guy from germany xD Any recommendations for drives, that are common in my country? 2016+ would be nice for the downgrade-options + I could look for a used one as they tend to cost anywhere from half to a third as much as new drives :)
Wandering_Smoke

Post by Wandering_Smoke »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 am
Wandering_Smoke wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 pm

BU40N
Thank you.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Pioneer drives are the best. Any customer we have sold to will verify this. Please see the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
The UHD Friendly Drive Team
Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
TheJonny272

Post by TheJonny272 »

asmcom wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:35 am
Pioneer drives are the best. Any customer we have sold to will verify this. Please see the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
The UHD Friendly Drive Team
Asmcom :mrgreen:
Thanks for the direction, I will look into Pioneers then :) Forgot to specifiy, that I´m a bit oldschool and still have, use and love PC cases with 5 1/4 Bays. Therefor, I´m on the lookout for a 5 1/4 Drive :D