Libredrive version v6

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
jonghotti

Re: Libredrive version v6

Post by jonghotti » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:32 am

Let’s look on the bright side the software is free while in beta!
For that matter any beta testers, meaning anyone who uses a Wh16NS60 or wants to use one see me ask for the beta tester special-no NDA required!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829

Qxi144

Post by Qxi144 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:59 pm

Hello Mike,

Thanks for providing a great product first off. Also thanks for allowing my drive to be supported for Libredrive. I don't have nor use UHD, so to me Libredrive is useless?

Now can you remove it? When I ripped a bluray before I was compatible, I had great ripping speed. Now I am far slower at ripping blurays. I mean it works, but at a much slower speed.

This is my info:

Drive Information
OS device name: \Device\CdRom0 <-- using Windows 8.0
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH14NS40
Revision: 1.03
Firmware date: 2114-03-26 11:05
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 70

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1939
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Partial
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

Disc Information
Label: GHOST_MR_CHICKEN
Timestamp: 2016-07-21 15:04:52
Data capacity: 24.92 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM
Number of layers: 2
Channel bit length: 74,5 nm (25.0 GB max. per layer)

It took about 40 mins to rip this movie where as before it may be half the time.

Please add an option on the next update to disable it. Also when your program says downloading sdf or bin, can you add "done downloading"? When I see that message I stop and wait and wait and wait til I think it's done.

Again thanks for a great program.

Mr_Orange

Post by Mr_Orange » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:14 am

It's working for me on an LG BH16NS55 running firmware 1.04.

I ripped Ford v Ferrari BD and the speed peaked at around 7.5x.
Last edited by Mr_Orange on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrVanx

Post by MrVanx » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:42 am

Qxi144 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:59 pm
Hello Mike,

Thanks for providing a great product first off. Also thanks for allowing my drive to be supported for Libredrive. I don't have nor use UHD, so to me Libredrive is useless?

Now can you remove it? When I ripped a bluray before I was compatible, I had great ripping speed. Now I am far slower at ripping blurays. I mean it works, but at a much slower speed.

This is my info:

Drive Information
OS device name: \Device\CdRom0 <-- using Windows 8.0
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH14NS40
Revision: 1.03
Firmware date: 2114-03-26 11:05
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 70

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1939
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Partial
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

Disc Information
Label: GHOST_MR_CHICKEN
Timestamp: 2016-07-21 15:04:52
Data capacity: 24.92 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM
Number of layers: 2
Channel bit length: 74,5 nm (25.0 GB max. per layer)

It took about 40 mins to rip this movie where as before it may be half the time.

Please add an option on the next update to disable it. Also when your program says downloading sdf or bin, can you add "done downloading"? When I see that message I stop and wait and wait and wait til I think it's done.

Again thanks for a great program.
If you are desperate to turn it off you can add the variable as mentioned HERE.

Fairly sure there is an easy way to add an environment variable in win8 from cmd.exe but its a LONG time since I used windows 8 thats the best I can offer. In Linux there was a bunch of .conf files in the working directory which I added it to (not any more as Mike fixed some bugs since).

Hopefully that is a workaround?

Qxi144

Post by Qxi144 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:06 pm

If you are desperate to turn it off you can add the variable as mentioned HERE.

Fairly sure there is an easy way to add an environment variable in win8 from cmd.exe but its a LONG time since I used windows 8 thats the best I can offer. In Linux there was a bunch of .conf files in the working directory which I added it to (not any more as Mike fixed some bugs since).

Hopefully that is a workaround?
Thanks, but I am not that desperate. I don't rip much blurays, so a few more minutes won't hurt me. I'll do more testing, it may be just that particular bluray. I'm just surprised I found I was Libredrive compatible without warning..

I'm just wondering if the LD is beneficial for myself? I don't play blurays on my computer, nor have UHD, so bypassing drive's parameters to make it go faster may cause harm (especially if it is hindering the drive aka going slower)?

I have a couple of discs coming soon, so I'll give them a whirl and see if anything changed. May pull out so more old blurays and re-rip them and see.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Qxi144

Post by Qxi144 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:54 pm

Well I did some testing. I managed to get the environment variable in windows 8.0 to work, so Makemkv showed no Libredrive whatsoever.

So with 19.7 gig bluray I get 9:48 with no LDmode
then for 19.7 gig bluray I get 9:50 with LDmode enable

So after some more testing, honestly it really doesn't do much, The previous post may have been the bluray disc itself. DVD discs also were fine (I got 3.5 gig in about 5 mins LDmode on/off).

So I guess with my drive it really doesn't do much?.... But can someone tell me does the LibreDrive Mode actually change something in the bluray drive?

Anyway, I hope this is it for now...I have alot of dvds to re-rip...

rtshrubber

Post by rtshrubber » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:30 pm

I guess I am just lucky. My UH12NS30 is working better (and faster) than ever on both blurays and dvds.

I thought my drive might be too old to support for Libredrive, but thanks for proving me wrong. Thanks also for all the work that you do to make this all work so well.