Disable LibreDrive until my drive is actually supported

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
BaronVonJ

Disable LibreDrive until my drive is actually supported

Post by BaronVonJ »

I have TSSTcorp SE-506CB, firmware vision 05.28. Since 1.14.2 I can't rip anything anymore. I get this error message now
Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:LOGICAL UNIT HAS NOT SELF-CONFIGURED YET
Even on a disc I ripped the day before updating from 1.14.1 to 1.14.2.

Trying to download https://makemkv.com/download/makemkv_v1.14.1_osx.dmg just gives me 1.14.2 instead.
makemkv-driveinfo.png
makemkv-driveinfo.png (81.71 KiB) Viewed 16236 times
spl147

Re: Disable LibreDrive until my drive is actually supported

Post by spl147 »

BaronVonJ wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:01 pm
I have TSSTcorp SE-506CB, firmware vision 05.28. Since 1.14.2 I can't rip anything anymore. I get this error message now
Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:LOGICAL UNIT HAS NOT SELF-CONFIGURED YET
Even on a disc I ripped the day before updating from 1.14.1 to 1.14.2.

Trying to download https://makemkv.com/download/makemkv_v1.14.1_osx.dmg just gives me 1.14.2 instead.

makemkv-driveinfo.png
older versions found here: https://www.makemkv.com/download/old/
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

The "v4" LibreDrive firmware (SDF file) had an issue that could in theory cause an old 1939 drive to malfunction. This is fixed in latest SDF, you should have no interference anymore.

Still, the version 1.14.3 has an option to completely disable LibreDrive library access for a specific drive (or all drives). This "emergency brake" setting is not present in GUI but can be set in config file or as an environment variable. Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the latest version and latest SDF file.
BaronVonJ

Post by BaronVonJ »

Thanks spl147 for the old versions link.

Looks like 1.14.3 has indeed improved support. Thanks mike admin
mrwilson

Post by mrwilson »

I have the exact same drive as BaronVonJ and I had the same issue with Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:LOGICAL UNIT HAS NOT SELF-CONFIGURED YET. I updated to the 1.14.3, but now the drive won't even recognize the Blu-ray disc. The drive barely spins and says every Blu-ray disc is a DATA disc. I've been struggling to copy Blurays for a few months now and now I can't copy any. Also, it now says my highest AACS version is 16 whereas it was 64 I believe. I'm not sure what that means. I have used MakeMKV for years and I really appreciate the product. Any help would be much appreciated.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

mrwilson wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:28 pm
I have the exact same drive as BaronVonJ and I had the same issue with Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:LOGICAL UNIT HAS NOT SELF-CONFIGURED YET. I updated to the 1.14.3, but now the drive won't even recognize the Blu-ray disc. The drive barely spins and says every Blu-ray disc is a DATA disc. I've been struggling to copy Blurays for a few months now and now I can't copy any. Also, it now says my highest AACS version is 16 whereas it was 64 I believe. I'm not sure what that means. I have used MakeMKV for years and I really appreciate the product. Any help would be much appreciated.
Anyone have a response to this?
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
spl147

Post by spl147 »

mrwilson wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:28 pm
it seems there are 2 options here:

apply the emergency brake feature as mike stated above or: and my suggestion, buy a new drive and never worry about it again
mrwilson

Post by mrwilson »

Does anyone know how to apply the "emergency brake" option in 1.14.3?