LG BE16NU50 Firmware 1.00 Not Displaying LibreDrive

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
antny74

LG BE16NU50 Firmware 1.00 Not Displaying LibreDrive

Post by antny74 »

I can't seem to get my 'LG BE16NU50 Firmware 1.00' to display the LibreDrive info. I tried sticking in a UHD Disc, then clicking on the big Drive Icon, but it just throws an error saying that the Volume Key is not found.(Tried with Pacific Rim UHD and Furious 8 )

I also tried sticking in a regular Blu-Ray Disc, then clicking on the big Drive Icon. It presents me with the screen of what I want to rip, but it doesn't download any new information to say my drive is an LibreDrive Compatible device.

I also want to add that when I used the UHD Discs, it lets me back up as a full raw backup just fine(.mt2s)... but it won't let me rip it as a MKV, or at least get to that section of the screen to rip it as an MKV.

Can anyone share their thoughts on what i'm missing to enable the LibreDrive feature?
I uninstalled MakeMKV and downloaded/installed the latest v1.14.2 win x64 version, when testing this.(I'm on a windows 10 machine)

Thanks.
antny74

Re: LG BE16NU50 Firmware 1.00 Not Displaying LibreDrive

Post by antny74 »

Here is the only information I get on the right pane when inserting a UHD Disc:

Drive Information
OS device name: \Device\CdRom1
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BE16NU50
Revision: 1.00
Serial number: SIK95G4F9591
Firmware date: 2116-03-17 13:36
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 61

Disc Information
Label: PACIFIC_RIM
Timestamp: 2016-07-21 21:33:54
Data capacity: 88.50 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM UHD
Number of layers: 3
Bus encryption flags: 80

One thing I noticed is if I download the "keys_hashed.txt" file with the keys listed, I'm able to rip the UHD Disc into MKV just fine.

I'm still puzzled as to why I can't get the LibreDrive Info to show up though...
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

This version is explicitly supported. Do you get "downloading latest SDF" message? Is "allow contacting web server for updates" enabled in preferences?
planet1

Post by planet1 »

mike admin wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:39 pm
Is "allow contacting web server for updates" enabled in preferences?
Bingo! Not only was that option OFF but my firewall also had a blocking rule for "makemkvcon64.exe".
In the end I got this in the status window:

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.14.3 win(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as blabla/MakeMKV_log.txt
Using direct disc access mode
Downloading latest SDF to blabla/.MakeMKV ...
Using LibreDrive mode (v05 id=067EFCA8EA7E)
So THANK YOU Mike for the hint and of course for the new LIBREdrive EXPERIENCE !!! :D

Would it be possible to implement an error msg in future versions (maybe only debug mode), in case MakeMKV "can't call home"?