Cant Rip certain discs

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Unibrowser

Cant Rip certain discs

Post by Unibrowser »

I'm having issues ripping certain discs. I have the Asus BW-16D1HT with the firmware locked at the 3.0 UHD friendly version. I have ripped 4TB worth of 4k movies so far. But a few dont work. Red 2 4k doesnt even get recognized that it's in the drive by the program. And various others fail to RIP half way through and says SCSI error ect...
I'm sure that you hear the same old song, but a brand new disc out of the box shouldnt have these issues.
I'm also having issues with some old DVDs. It says something about complex VOBU's and then once it finally finishes scanning it will start to rip BUT some of them only RIP at like .1x. I cant wait 24 hours for a DVD to rip. I would say 90% of my movie library has had no issues. Is there maybe some sort of new modified encryption AACS?
This is the way
spl147

Re: Cant Rip certain discs

Post by spl147 »

Unibrowser wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:28 am
I'm having issues ripping certain discs. I have the Asus BW-16D1HT with the firmware locked at the 3.0 UHD friendly version. I have ripped 4TB worth of 4k movies so far. But a few dont work. Red 2 4k doesnt even get recognized that it's in the drive by the program. And various others fail to RIP half way through and says SCSI error ect...
I'm sure that you hear the same old song, but a brand new disc out of the box shouldnt have these issues.
I'm also having issues with some old DVDs. It says something about complex VOBU's and then once it finally finishes scanning it will start to rip BUT some of them only RIP at like .1x. I cant wait 24 hours for a DVD to rip. I would say 90% of my movie library has had no issues. Is there maybe some sort of new modified encryption AACS?
UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE TO MK FIRMWARE 3.10!
Unibrowser

Post by Unibrowser »

spl147 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:37 pm
Unibrowser wrote:

Please explain how this is a driver issue. Also the driver is locked down so its supposedly not update-able.
This is the way
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Unibrowser wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:13 pm
spl147 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:37 pm
Unibrowser wrote:

Please explain how this is a driver issue. Also the driver is locked down so its supposedly not update-able.
It's a firmware issue not driver. And no, the firmware is not locked down. I don't know where that nonsensical magic thinking came from but it's wrong. LOL :)
Unibrowser

Post by Unibrowser »

Sorry and I meant firmware. And yes the company that I bought the drive from takes them out of the package,flashes the 3.0 and then locks the firmware so that it doesn't accidentally get updated.
This is the way
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Unibrowser wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:47 pm
Sorry and I meant firmware. And yes the company that I bought the drive from takes them out of the package,flashes the 3.0 and then locks the firmware so that it doesn't accidentally get updated.
Was it the guy off Newegg? I never bought one to check if he really locks them but if it is locked from the unlocked flashers there is always dosflash. I kinda doubt they are really locked though have you tried?
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

That sounds like a bunch of BS to me. I've NEVER heard of that and I've been around a while. If it were me, I'd flash it to at least 3.02.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:01 pm
That sounds like a bunch of BS to me. I've NEVER heard of that and I've been around a while. If it were me, I'd flash it to at least 3.02.
I just looked on Newegg the one that said that is gone now but I have seen a seller that said they lock the firmware so it can't be updated, I didn't believe it either maybe we will find out now
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Billycar11 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:10 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
I just looked on Newegg the one that said that is gone now but I have seen a seller that said they lock the firmware so it can't be updated, I didn't believe it either maybe we will find out now
It totally sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me. They MIGHT be able to block an official updater or something (maybe) but the methods we use? Certainly not dosflash not that any of us recommend that anymore if we can avoid it. But even blocking an unlocked flasher with and a DE or MK firmware? I have....doubt. LOL
Unibrowser

Post by Unibrowser »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:13 pm
Billycar11 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:10 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
It totally sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me. They MIGHT be able to block an official updater or something (maybe) but the methods we use? Certainly not dosflash not that any of us recommend that anymore if we can avoid it. But even blocking an unlocked flasher with and a DE or MK firmware? I have....doubt. LOL
Yes I was successfully able to use the tools provided here to flash 3.02 but Im still having the same issues(drive makes grinding noise with some triple layer discs), although this time it actually made a dump file but I don't know where to send it. I also couldn't find this supposedly working 3.10 firmware either.
This is the way
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=19113

You'll find it there. ONLY flash the MK version of 3.10.
flashback8

Post by flashback8 »

Unibrowser wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:27 pm
Yes I was successfully able to use the tools provided here to flash 3.02 but Im still having the same issues(drive makes grinding noise with some triple layer discs), although this time it actually made a dump file but I don't know where to send it. I also couldn't find this supposedly working 3.10 firmware either.
That drive is touchy. The firmware is good but the drive itself does have some trouble reading triple-layer discs. I know this from personal experience.
Unibrowser

Post by Unibrowser »

Even after flashing the Mk 3.10 same issues. But I did find out the issue i was having with DVDs taking 24 hours to rip. You have to unselect closed captioning. I dont wana say that my other issues are from the MakeMkV program, but im tempted to try other programs.
This is the way
Unibrowser

Post by Unibrowser »

flashback8 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:51 am
Unibrowser wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:27 pm
That drive is touchy. The firmware is good but the drive itself does have some trouble reading triple-layer discs. I know this from personal experience.
Do you have another drive you would recommend?
This is the way
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Unibrowser wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:03 pm
Even after flashing the Mk 3.10 same issues. But I did find out the issue i was having with DVDs taking 24 hours to rip. You have to unselect closed captioning. I dont wana say that my other issues are from the MakeMkV program, but im tempted to try other programs.
you can try wh16ns60 1.00 or mk 1.01 probably wont help but try before getting a new drive