Confirming Compatibility

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
hilde

Re: Confirming Compatibility

Post by hilde »

I deciced that I couldn't wait and replaced the old drive with an ASUS.
When taking a look at the label I noticed it is even more ancient than I thought,
looks like I cross flashed it from WS10LS30 already and then forgot about it :-D
CoBrA2168

Post by CoBrA2168 »

Sorry to bring back an older topic back from the dead, but I was wondering if LibreDrive support was ever added to the LG WH12LS39 model drive. I have this very drive (v1.03 firmware) and it works fine with MakeMKV. I'm unsure if I even need LD support for this drive since it isn't 4k...

Thanks in advance.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

CoBrA2168 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:01 pm
Sorry to bring back an older topic back from the dead, but I was wondering if LibreDrive support was ever added to the LG WH12LS39 model drive. I have this very drive (v1.03 firmware) and it works fine with MakeMKV. I'm unsure if I even need LD support for this drive since it isn't 4k...

Thanks in advance.
Not sure best way is to look at your makemkv drive info that will tell you if it's enabled.
But it's not needed the only benefit on that drive would be no aacs getting revoked
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
CoBrA2168

Post by CoBrA2168 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:47 pm
CoBrA2168 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:01 pm

Thanks in advance.
Not sure best way is to look at your makemkv drive info that will tell you if it's enabled.
But it's not needed the only benefit on that drive would be no aacs getting revoked
I'll have to check later today, but I don't believe it said anything about it being enabled.

I was just wondering if compatibility was ever added for this drive, since it sounded like from the previous postings that it would eventually be added.

EDIT: Here's what MakeMKV says about this drive:
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, might be supported in future, but not likely soon
Drive platform: RS1013
Firmware version: 1.03-D0

Based on what mike said in the previous post, I figured maybe it would be added...soon?