BH16NS55, LibreDrive Possible, not yet enabled

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
crash42

BH16NS55, LibreDrive Possible, not yet enabled

Post by crash42 »

I am sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to figure out how to get LibreDrive/Unlimited read speed enabled.
Can anybody help me?

Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BH16NS55
Revision: 1.04
Serial number: SIK9QH4BF153
Firmware date: 2119-01-04 13:42
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 71

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.04
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Possible, not yet enabled
Woodstock

Re: BH16NS55, LibreDrive Possible, not yet enabled

Post by Woodstock »

No drives have "Unrestricted read speed" turned on yet, at least not outside of testing.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
crash42

Post by crash42 »

I will just wait then.
Thank you.
tidbito

Post by tidbito »

Woodstock wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:47 pm
No drives have "Unrestricted read speed" turned on yet, at least not outside of testing.
So asking for a friend here (his name's Captain Obvious so don't shoot me)-- I have a WH16NS40 that I just got flashed to 1.02 and it's currently ripping a UHD disc now... while I'm waiting I figured I'd search around about getting read speed up (it's currently maxed at about 18.5MBps / 4.3x as I type).

Based on the above, am I right in assuming that there aren't any firmware patches for enabling unrestricted read speed for this drive yet; or, were you simply referring to the OP's BH16NS55?

Thanks!
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

tidbito wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:01 pm
Woodstock wrote:
Based on the above, am I right in assuming that there aren't any firmware patches for enabling unrestricted read speed for this drive yet; or, were you simply referring to the OP's BH16NS55?

Thanks!
As Woodstock said, no drives (plural) have this enabled yet publicly. Can’t be said or be any clearer than that. I mean... come on now. What more confirmation is needed from such a direct and simple answer/statement?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

For what it is worth, not all LG drives have "quiet mode" (speed restriction) turned on, even though it is in the firmware. LG has a utility to toggle it, but you have to find it on their website (it moves around, apparently), and it is only for Windows.

My LGs spin up just fine, but the LD information still says, "possible, not yet enabled", because LD didn't switch them to unrestricted.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
tidbito

Post by tidbito »

st4evr wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:02 pm
tidbito wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:01 pm
Woodstock wrote:

Thanks!
As Woodstock said, no drives (plural) have this enabled yet publicly. Can’t be said or be any clearer than that. I mean... come on now. What more confirmation is needed from such a direct and simple answer/statement?
With all due respect, while I appreciate replies, the sarcasm could have been left out. It was an honest question. One could quite easily interpret the "no drives" to mean many different things ranging from no drives of that type, regardless of their firmware version, to no drives of that mfgr, to many other scenarios. It's why I asked the question, after first reading various other posts this afternoon. But, I do appreciate you taking the time to reply.