Libredrive version v6

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
jonghotti

Re: Libredrive version v6

Post by jonghotti »

Bluntman wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:00 am
SamuriHL wrote:Jesus, Mike, I topped out at 11.5x now on Top Gun....while reading it as an ISO with ImgBurn. :D This is sooo awesome! Seriously! That's not bad at all. :)
Sounds like it’s getting to the point where the beta should end and he should start selling compulsory licenses. This man needs more money for this exceptional work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Seriously, what the baked Canadian said!

Speaking of baked hey SamuriHL what drive you using?
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

my ns60 1.00 drive. Thing rocks!
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

I’m also on 1.0 for my NS60. Can’t wait to try ripping tomorrow. I want to so badly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

@mike admin,

Does this mean you are also close to having the Pioneer drives working with LibreDrive??
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
FredK

Post by FredK »

ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

Maximum read speed: 50,0 M/s 11,6X
Average read speed: 38,4 M/s 8,9X
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:43 am
my ns60 1.00 drive. Thing rocks!
Thank you! And yes I agree.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

FredK wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:20 am
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10

Maximum read speed: 50,0 M/s 11,6X
Average read speed: 38,4 M/s 8,9X
No sh!t?? Wow! Go ASUS!
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Remember that's only for bluray on the asus. But yeah this stuff is fast!
FredK

Post by FredK »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 2:30 pm
Remember that's only for bluray on the asus. But yeah this stuff is fast!
Yes, I ripped a Blu-ray.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Now you ASUS owners have a tough decision to make. :P Because if you flash the NS60 MK firmware to your drive, you no longer are impacted by the sleep bug and UHD ripping should work at rip lock speeds. Decisions decisions because you do lose UHD friendly compatibility with other software, but, the speed gains are tremendous with LibreDrive.
Balthazar2k4

Post by Balthazar2k4 »

What am I missing here? I dropped the file into my MakeMKV data directory, but neither my WH16NS40 1.02 or WH14NS40 1.02 are using it.

UPDATE: Figured it out. I deleted everything in the data directory and tried again. Voila!
ImCoKeMaN

Post by ImCoKeMaN »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:41 pm
Now you ASUS owners have a tough decision to make. :P Because if you flash the NS60 MK firmware to your drive, you no longer are impacted by the sleep bug and UHD ripping should work at rip lock speeds. Decisions decisions because you do lose UHD friendly compatibility with other software, but, the speed gains are tremendous with LibreDrive.
Other software? um, if there is a clean upgrade from the asus mk firmware to something that rip everything including UHD with unlimited read speed I don't see the downside. I must have missed the threads about this particular cross flash.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

ImCoKeMaN wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:56 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:41 pm
Other software? um, if there is a clean upgrade from the asus mk firmware to something that rip everything including UHD with unlimited read speed I don't see the downside. I must have missed the threads about this particular cross flash.
Some other software can only use UHD Friendly drives and not official ones. If you use other software, then flashing the NS60 MK firmware would not be prudent.

For most of the 1959 chipset drives, afaik, they can be cross flashed with the NS60 official firmware. This doesn't turn them into a REAL official drive, but, it does kill the sleep bug problem. And now with LibreDrive rip lock removed, it would be faster than any other firmware out there. I know for sure the BW-16D1HT can be flashed with the NS60. I have one. :) I keep that on 3.10 MK to use with AnyDVD (that other software I was referring to) and I keep my NS60 on 1.00 for use with MakeMKV.
ImCoKeMaN

Post by ImCoKeMaN »

Cool, my other software comment was intended as a joke, as I know they exist, but for me I haven't needed anything aside from MakeMKV. However, I don't have any UHD disks right now or a 4k display so I'll probably hold off on cross flashing at least until I'd have a reason or ability to test. That is good to know though. Also good to know if this drive which has been awesome since early UHD ripping capabilities ever craps out there are more options now with livredrive v6 capabilities!
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

So far we have one confirmed instance where V6 code does NOT work with slim drive. If anyone tried this with a slim drive, please post the result here. Thanks!