From Version 6 06 To Version 05

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
MKV Maker

From Version 6 06 To Version 05

Post by MKV Maker »

After testing LibreDrive version 06, I have concluded it may be the culprit for a couple of older DVDs [2007 and 2014] not being recognised in both of my UHD-friendly WH16NS40 drives running firmware version 1.03MK. Considering I test beta software I did so with LibreDrive version 06 weeks ago primarily for the speed increase. Never have I witnessed an increase of speed on either of the drives with DVDs or Blu-ray discs which is a mystery.

My issue is not being able to downgrade the LibreDrive microcode to version 05. I tried everything to attempt. Firstly, I shut off both drives. Secondly, I download the stable firmware and moved it to the data directory. Thirdly, I turned on both drives, launched MakeMKV which consumed the file, and inserted discs. LibreDrive vversion 06 was shown after the discs were opened. That did not solve the issue thus I existed the programme, removed the discs, shut off the drives, downloaded and replaced with a fresh copy of MakeMKV [latest version of course], and repeated the tests. LibreDrive version 06 was shown again thus I am not sure how to downgrade the microcode to test whether it truly is the beta microcode that is making these DVDs not work properly or if it is the discs themselves. They are new and were unsealed by me.
Woodstock

Re: From Version 6 06 To Version 05

Post by Woodstock »

In your MakeMKV data directory, delete the file _private_data.tar
Start MakeMKV. It should recreate _private_data.tar and download the standard sdf.bin file.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
MKV Maker

Post by MKV Maker »

Thanks for that. I presumed that TAR archive contained more vital information than simply the LibreDrive file thus never did I consider to delete it.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

MKV Maker wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:39 pm
Thanks for that. I presumed that TAR archive contained more vital information than simply the LibreDrive file thus never did I consider to delete it.
It does, but pretty much all of it is re-downloadable. The "best" way is to remove the related file (sdf_xxx.bin) from tar archive if you have the software to manipulate tar files. On linux "mc" is the easiest, on windows - "far manager".
MKV Maker

Post by MKV Maker »

mike admin wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:41 pm
It does, but pretty much all of it is re-downloadable. The "best" way is to remove the related file (sdf_xxx.bin) from tar archive if you have the software to manipulate tar files. On linux "mc" is the easiest, on windows - "far manager".
I use Mac OS and can manipulate the age-old tarball with ease.

Postscript: Mike, check your e-mail. I sent you something.