new to this

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
weekendgamer

new to this

Post by weekendgamer »

hi, i am dan and i just got into ripping my own dvd and bluray movies from makemkv for my htpc on the budget project. i got a abit of a problem. i got a LG Electronics WH16NS40 16X SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter that was on the list from this one youtuber. when i got it i did put it in my htpc and it work good. i downloaded the free beta version and the beta key. it did rip dvd's and bluray's but i can't seem to rip 4k movies. idk if i got the wrong drive or is it the firmware i have on this bluray drive. it was made on 2019 and the firmware is at "2119-01-04 13:48" revision: 1.04. i read somewhere i need to down grade my bluray drive to firmware 1.02? to get it to rip bluray 4k disc. i haven't bought the software yet but i am on this week since i love this program. can anyone give me any pointers how to fix this issue in a safe way then killing or bricking my bluray drive.
Billycar11

Re: new to this

Post by Billycar11 »

weekendgamer wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:25 am
hi, i am dan and i just got into ripping my own dvd and bluray movies from makemkv for my htpc on the budget project. i got a abit of a problem. i got a LG Electronics WH16NS40 16X SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter that was on the list from this one youtuber. when i got it i did put it in my htpc and it work good. i downloaded the free beta version and the beta key. it did rip dvd's and bluray's but i can't seem to rip 4k movies. idk if i got the wrong drive or is it the firmware i have on this bluray drive. it was made on 2019 and the firmware is at "2119-01-04 13:48" revision: 1.04. i read somewhere i need to down grade my bluray drive to firmware 1.02? to get it to rip bluray 4k disc. i haven't bought the software yet but i am on this week since i love this program. can anyone give me any pointers how to fix this issue in a safe way then killing or bricking my bluray drive.
yes follow this guide: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634
and if you dont feel comfortable with it email me for an automated remote flash email link here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17831
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
zimberto

Re: new to this

Post by zimberto »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:44 am
yes follow this guide: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634
and if you dont feel comfortable with it email me for an automated remote flash email link here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17831
At the risk of sounding like a shill, I've just looked at your remote flashing price and see it is very reasonable. In retrospect I wish I had gone that route rather than spending x days banging my head against a wall trying to figure out what to do and what not to do. :roll: