LGEWH16NS40 drive suddenly giving Error Code 10: STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Giffdev

LGEWH16NS40 drive suddenly giving Error Code 10: STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Post by Giffdev »

Hey folks,
I recently (~2 months ago) got the aforementioned LG drive and set it up with firmware to be seen as a WH16NS60. It's been working like a champ the last couple months as I backup my collection, but I came to the PC today and noticed that MakeMKV wasn't recognizing the drive. I opened file explorer, and the drive was missing there too.

So, I opened up device manager and I'm seeing this error
errormessage.PNG
errormessage.PNG (53.91 KiB) Viewed 6180 times
Turning off/on the PC didn't help, unplugging and replugging the power and SATA cables didn't make any difference. The drive itself still opens and closes when I press the physical hardware button, and I didn't recently change any firmware, etc. on it so I am baffled why it worked fine for a couple months and is erroring today. Any help is very appreciated, as I just thought I was getting the hang of this new hobby when it failed on me :(
Billycar11

Re: LGEWH16NS40 drive suddenly giving Error Code 10: STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Post by Billycar11 »

It's probably dead but try a reflash to see if it fixes it
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Coopervid

Re: LGEWH16NS40 drive suddenly giving Error Code 10: STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Post by Coopervid »

My BH16NS55 just died completely. Doesn't read anything anymore. Got a new one and that's the way to go. Forget any repair solutions if the drive doesn't recognize CD and DVD either.