Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD is KING for UHD 4K Blu Ray Ripping

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Coopervid

Re: Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD is KING for UHD 4K Blu Ray Ripping

Post by Coopervid »

TheMKVMaker wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:10 pm
Isn't this the same as the Verbatim 43888 - also it's limited to a 4x read speed of 4k UHD discs?
No.The Verbatim 43888 is an UD04 with a Verbatim enclosure but it will work with UHD out-of-the-box.
TheMKVMaker

Post by TheMKVMaker »

Coopervid wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:54 pm
TheMKVMaker wrote:
Isn't this the same as the Verbatim 43888 - also it's limited to a 4x read speed of 4k UHD discs?
No.The Verbatim 43888 is an UD04 with a Verbatim enclosure but it will work with UHD out-of-the-box.
So which one is better? I own the 43888 and have scanned like 110 blu rays so far and even some 4k UHDs!
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

TheMKVMaker wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:03 am
Coopervid wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:54 pm
TheMKVMaker wrote:
So which one is better? I own the 43888 and have scanned like 110 blu rays so far and even some 4k UHDs!
The question is irrelevant. If you buy a XS07UHD it has the new firmware and can't handle UHD disks. This just leaves the Verbatim 43888.
obitwan7

Post by obitwan7 »

Not sure if it helps, but can the firmware be downgraded? I have DVDFab 12 and there is a utility called UHD Drive Tool. I used it to downgrade my LG drives firmware. I'm pretty sure it only works with specific drives, but......if this is one of them, it does it very quickly and if it's not, you can always send it back and try another. It takes the guess work out at the very least. Hope that helps.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

obitwan7 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:49 am
Not sure if it helps, but can the firmware be downgraded? I have DVDFab 12 and there is a utility called UHD Drive Tool. I used it to downgrade my LG drives firmware. I'm pretty sure it only works with specific drives, but......if this is one of them, it does it very quickly and if it's not, you can always send it back and try another. It takes the guess work out at the very least. Hope that helps.
DVDFab doesn't work with Pioneer drives for UHD ripping, neither does their old, outdated flashing tool.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
obitwan7

Post by obitwan7 »

Was trying to help if I can, but I am a newbie at this.
hackinwolf

Post by hackinwolf »

Billycar11 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:06 pm
ecardanha wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:10 pm
Is there a particular firmware version that is required for this drive to work?
Yes 1.02 and lower I believe
Okay, so this drive doesn't require flashing of LibreDrive, it just need to have an older version of the stock firmware?

Does one have to do anything to ensure the firmware won't get updated? Will Windows Update try to automatically update the firmware?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

hackinwolf wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:03 pm
Billycar11 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:06 pm
ecardanha wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:10 pm
Is there a particular firmware version that is required for this drive to work?
Yes 1.02 and lower I believe
Okay, so this drive doesn't require flashing of LibreDrive, it just need to have an older version of the stock firmware?

Does one have to do anything to ensure the firmware won't get updated? Will Windows Update try to automatically update the firmware?
thats what flashing is going to an older version or an mk version you cant downgrade pioneers
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
azkey

Post by azkey »

To reply to the original post... Yes the Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD is the King. I simply love it. Works like a charm.
Love the USB-C, use it on Mac and Windows, it is truly a plug and play UHD device. Have one I work with, another one as backup hidden in a safe place and just ordered another from one Japan, just in case a backup for the backup. It is a little bit pricey but it is worth every single cent. If you can afford it, go for it.

:D
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

azkey wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:17 pm
To reply to the original post... Yes the Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD is the King. I simply love it. Works like a charm.
Love the USB-C, use it on Mac and Windows, it is truly a plug and play UHD device. Have one I work with, another one as backup hidden in a safe place and just ordered another from one Japan, just in case a backup for the backup. It is a little bit pricey but it is worth every single cent. If you can afford it, go for it.

You sure that one from Japan has old fw?
I would expect Japan to have the newest stock
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
azkey

Post by azkey »

Billycar11 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:29 pm
azkey wrote:

Well, as sure as I can be :)
With the first one I ordered I wanted to see what I will get, and I was positively surprised when the unit came with FW 1.00. So went back to the same seller and bought another one, the last one the seller had. The production month is May 2020 for this unit.
In 2-3 weeks I will know for sure if I got lucky again or not. :)
azkey

Post by azkey »

azkey wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:14 am
Billycar11 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:29 pm
azkey wrote:

Well, as sure as I can be :)
With the first one I ordered I wanted to see what I will get, and I was positively surprised when the unit came with FW 1.00. So went back to the same seller and bought another one, the last one the seller had. The production month is May 2020 for this unit.
In 2-3 weeks I will know for sure if I got lucky again or not. :)
The drive just arrived from Japan and it works out of the box

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: 
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-XS07U
Revision: 1.01
Serial number: BBDLxxxxxxJP
Firmware date: 2020-09-03
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 77

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: RS8E21
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-BDS7
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.01/ID69
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
So... now I have a main drive and 2 backups. Time to fix the computer and get back to backup my physical medias.
mjholbert

Post by mjholbert »

You wouldn’t happen to have a name of this supplier you can pass on? Ive been trying to locate this drive with a 1.02 or earlier firmware with no luck.
Sborris

Post by Sborris »

hello everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone knows what the difference is between
BDR-XS07TUHD and
BDR-XS07UHD
so what does the T stand for? and which version is better? thanks in advance
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Sborris wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:29 pm
hello everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone knows what the difference is between
BDR-XS07TUHD and
BDR-XS07UHD
so what does the T stand for? and which version is better? thanks in advance
The one with T is just the Europe version same drive