I’m trying to flash my LG BP55EB40

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Ergorian

I’m trying to flash my LG BP55EB40

Post by Ergorian »

Hi all
As im title says
I’m trying to flash my Blu-ray driver to be able to read UHD disc

I’ve tried using this come online on my Mac with no issue or error. It seems like it has flash that drive, but nothing happens and I still can’t read UHD Drive.

./makemkvcon f -d '/IOBDServices/2F9A27C6' -f /tmp/sdf.bin rawflash main -i /tmp/HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BP55EB40-NB50-1.03-NM00800-212005070924.bin
MartyMcNuts

Re: I’m trying to flash my LG BP55EB40

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Ergorian wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:46 am
Hi all
As im title says
I’m trying to flash my Blu-ray driver to be able to read UHD disc

I’ve tried using this come online on my Mac with no issue or error. It seems like it has flash that drive, but nothing happens and I still can’t read UHD Drive.

./makemkvcon f -d '/IOBDServices/2F9A27C6' -f /tmp/sdf.bin rawflash main -i /tmp/HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BP55EB40-NB50-1.03-NM00800-212005070924.bin
FYI, the BP55EB40 1.03-MK firmware you are trying to flash is not UHD capable. You would need to perform 2 flashes. The first using that firmware, the second to either BP60NB10 or BU40N firmware to enable UHD reading.

Also, if your drive is new, it probably has encrypted firmware. If so, in your command, change main to enc for the first flash only.

I'm not sure how you would do this cross-flash on a mac. Better off using a windows PC.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Ergorian

Post by Ergorian »

Thank you for your fast reply.
When I open make MKV app on the Mac, I can see that the flash did the work, but I did not know that the firmware cannot read UHD so I tried to flash it to BP60NB10 with the same command line, just changing the file at the end of that come online but it did not work.
I don’t know how to crush flash on Mac and I don’t have Windows computer near me.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Ergorian wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:04 am
Thank you for your fast reply.
When I open make MKV app on the Mac, I can see that the flash did the work, but I did not know that the firmware cannot read UHD so I tried to flash it to BP60NB10 with the same command line, just changing the file at the end of that come online but it did not work.
I don’t know how to crush flash on Mac and I don’t have Windows computer near me.
No, you need to use the recovery method to perform the cross-flash and I'm not sure what the Mac command line for that is. Far easier to use a Windows PC. Ask a friend/relative if you can borrow theirs or take your drive to them.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Ergorian

Post by Ergorian »

Thanks again.
That’s just sad. I don’t have access to Windows computer and don’t know when I will be able to have access to windows computer.
I hope someone here in the forum has that come on line for Mac to get recovery mode to be able to cross flash the drive
Ergorian

Post by Ergorian »

I forgot to ask, which firmware should I use to be able to read UHD on the drive
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Ergorian wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:08 pm
I forgot to ask, which firmware should I use to be able to read UHD on the drive
Follow guide for bp50nb40
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Ergorian

Post by Ergorian »

I managed to flash drive, to and hybrid firmware by following this tapes from
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21413&p=130960&hil ... ac#p130960

I can now read UHD disk, but sometimes the drive will not read the same disk later same day
Ergorian

Post by Ergorian »

Hi, is it possible to flash the firmware back to BP55EB40
Having trouble to read the Blu-ray disc.
Sometimes the driver can read the Blu-ray disc and when I pop out the disc and put it back again then it cannot read the disc. I’ve tried to clean the disc and have the same problem. It’s like a lottery if it can read the disc or not
I don’t know if I did something wrong, but I flash the drive or if the drive is just bad