BH10LS30 (LG) modified firmware & region reset

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Subprime4829

BH10LS30 (LG) modified firmware & region reset

Post by Subprime4829 »

I know this drive is labeled in MakeMKV as "possible, might be supported in the future, but not likely soon" so there's no LibreDrive support right now. However, it is one of the last drives that is supported in the old MediaCodeSpeedEdit which allows modifying the original firmware with an RPC2 auto reset patch which allows you to change the DVD region code an unlimited amount of time. So once you change the region five times, it resets itself back to five changes allowed.

The latest official firmware is 1.02-A0, released in 2013. However, MediaCodeSpeedEdit only mentions support for 1.00-09 from 2010. Which I guess makes sense since it hasn't been updated since 2011.

My questions now are:

1. Can I patch 1.02-A0 with the RPC2 auto reset patch from MediaCodeSpeedEdit or will that brick the drive?
2. For whatever reason, after a rebooting my computer, it always only shows three allowed region changes. I can still change the region over and over again until it resets itself back to five but after each reboot, it goes back to three. What's up with that? (Sure, that changes nothing in practice but it triggers my OCD lol)
3. Is there any other alternative firmware or tool that allows me to modify the original firmware?
Coopervid

Re: BH10LS30 (LG) modified firmware & region reset

Post by Coopervid »

Forget about this old drive.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

A drive that is LibreDrive compatible can rip things regardless of the region code. As Coopervid suggests, you could move on from the old drive and rip things regardless of the region.
Subprime4829

Post by Subprime4829 »

Coopervid wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:32 pm
Sure, there's no 4K support but other than that, it's still a perfectly capable drive that works with CDs, DVDs and regular Blu-rays.

I've been seeing some people here still running Blu-ray/HD DVD combo drives from LG which are actually direct predecessors of this drive so I'm sure someone must have tried modding them?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Subprime4829 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:41 pm
Coopervid wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:32 pm
Sure, there's no 4K support but other than that, it's still a perfectly capable drive that works with CDs, DVDs and regular Blu-rays.

I've been seeing some people here still running Blu-ray/HD DVD combo drives from LG which are actually direct predecessors of this drive so I'm sure someone must have tried modding them?
what more could you want you got your unlimited region reset as you say its good for what you need.
if you want more features get a current drive no one is developing mods for 10+ year old optical drives.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com