Pioneer BD-RW BDR-S13JX, BD-RW BDR-X13U need firmware

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
astralboy

Pioneer BD-RW BDR-S13JX, BD-RW BDR-X13U need firmware

Post by astralboy »

Hi I had made a post on red forums, i am pasting the same info from there. I would love to see the external and internal support for these top end pioneer drives BD-RW BDR-S13JX, BD-RW BDR-X13U

I wasnt aware of the process and firmware forward only updates and seem to have made the mistake of flashing. Below are the details of these drives

• Unfortunately just updated firmware to 1.04 and seems no luck with PIONEER BD-RW BDR-S13JX

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: \Device\CdRom0
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-S13JX
Revision: 1.04
Serial number: xxxxxxxxxx
Firmware date: 2022-12-12
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 57

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS9201
Firmware version: ID72
  • I also have the same external version PIONEER BDR-X13U also updated to 1.03 unfortunately

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: H:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-X13U
Revision: 1.03
Serial number: xxxxxxxxxxx
Firmware date: 2022-12-12
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 57

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS9401
Firmware version: ID29
Fyi for both i get this in anydvd hd

Total size: 28746144 sectors (56144 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: MAD_MAX_FURY_ROAD
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 57
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
DRIVE NOT SUPPORTED BY MAKEMKV LIBREDRIVE!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Would make my day if these drives where LibreDrive enabled in the future
Coopervid

Re: Pioneer BD-RW BDR-S13JX, BD-RW BDR-X13U need firmware

Post by Coopervid »

You are out of luck for now. Both drives have the new encrypted firmware that doesn't work with anything. You need to be patient until Mike cracks that. And you created that situation by upgrading the firmware. You know the term what you did?
astralboy

Post by astralboy »

Yes i realized that, i didn't know about the nuances of 4k ripping, just assumed pop in disc and rip, but looks like it is very sophisticated with encryptions. I had my older Asus and LG drives extracted from storage, was trying yesterday with my Asus BC-12B1ST v3.00 hooked to sata to USB 3.0 cables, and seems to work. However i spent a lot of money on these pioneer drives, so lets hope in the future the devs crack it.

Silly locking legit owners like this. Playing UHD with powerdvd 22 does not work as it says gpu is not good enough to decode, rubbish since i have a RTX 4090.
What software player do you folks use to play directly from disc on a PC ?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

astralboy wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:23 pm
Yes i realized that, i didn't know about the nuances of 4k ripping, just assumed pop in disc and rip, but looks like it is very sophisticated with encryptions. I had my older Asus and LG drives extracted from storage, was trying yesterday with my Asus BC-12B1ST v3.00 hooked to sata to USB 3.0 cables, and seems to work. However i spent a lot of money on these pioneer drives, so lets hope in the future the devs crack it.

Silly locking legit owners like this. Playing UHD with powerdvd 22 does not work as it says gpu is not good enough to decode, rubbish since i have a RTX 4090.
What software player do you folks use to play directly from disc on a PC ?
We don't play directly from the UHD disc. We only want to backup our movies.

If you want to play a UHD disc, use an unofficial player such as VLC or MPC-HC etc.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
astralboy

Post by astralboy »

I have a Zidoo player which i use for consumption mainly and BD player for new discs.
Sometimes on PC i like to quick preview hence using powerdvd 22. Tried VLC but it does not decrypt.
Update: I had to use anydvd and then using powerdvd , VLC now works