Post by shali »

sent PM
MartyMcNuts

Re: Seeking Recommendations for the Best Pioneer LibreDrive in 2024

Post by MartyMcNuts »

shali wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:08 pm
Hi!
In the next few years I like to transfer my disc-collection (3000+ CDs and 500+ DVDs and BDs and 3D-BDs and 4k-BDs) to HDD and I am looking for the best drive in the Pioneer range to do it.

No need of officialy supported UHD because I don't have an Intel SGX capable Computer. Will use MakeMKV for transfer to HDD and maybe VLC for playback

Europe-based

I have read some comments about slim drives to be shacking and ratteling on the table because of the low weight and I am curious about errors may occur because of that.

An 5.25 external drive, 5.25 internal drive with case or a very robust slim drive are possible.

Don't like Slot-In, will prefer Tray or Top-loader.

Will use it on different PCs and Laptops, most of them offline on Windows 7.

I have read about the noise and vibration reducing coating of the BDR-S13E-X and I am concerned about the longelivity of this coating because EVERY rubberized surface on my devices (IBM and Lenovo Thinkpads, USB-Sticks, Blackberry Smartphone) became sticky after a couple of years and such a coating on the internal tray is a No-Go for me.

I am confused about the nomenclature of Pioneer because the picture of the external BDR-X13E-S is similar to the internal BDR-S13EBK and the same for BDR-X13EBK and BDR-213EBK, so there seems to be no official external choice of BDR-S13E-X.

Because I don't like to use the drive only for ripping it needs to have M-Disc and BDXL support.

For audio transfer with EAC has a Pioneer drive any kind of advantages (audio check function of BDR-S13E-X, PureRead 3 or4, ???) or can I use every other (older) drive and only need to calibrate the offsets with the reference CDs.

So far:
BDR-S13E-X with Vantec NexStar DX2 questionnable because of coating
BDR-X13E-S =?= BDR-S13EBK with Vantec NexStar DX2 possible, better quality
BDR-X13EBK =?= BDR-213EBK with Vantec NexStar DX2 possible, lower quality
BDR-XS07TUHD/TS No-Go because of Slot-in
BDR-XD08EMB-S No-Go because of coating
BDR-XD08TB/TS/TG questionnable because of no official Windows 7 support and maybe stability problems
BDR-XD07TUHD/TB/TS possible but maybe stabibilty problems

Any additional ideas or recommendations?

Feel free to answer her or send me a PM. But because I am new I am not able to send or answer to PMs and I am not able to send Mails to any gmail-account.

Best Regards
Pioneer drives in general use better quality components than the competition and are superior readers and writers.

For CD's, PureRead 3 is good but the new PureRead 4 is best.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com