For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
jonghotti

Re: Get your drives here! LG WH16NS60, LG BU40N, ASUS BW-16D1HT. alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best sales/service!

Post by jonghotti »

Sincere thanks for the kind feedback you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
loftguy

Re: Get your drives here! LG WH16NS60, LG BU40N, ASUS BW-16D1HT. alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best sales/service!

Post by loftguy »

So, I joined in and contacted Alex only 2 weeks ago. After some communication regarding the one best suited to my set up, I purchased one. I was surprised that the drive had been shipped prior to me making the payment which was incredible. I guess there was a trust built up in the exchanges. I paid the money, which was incredible value to be honest considering shipping was included from the US to the UK.
The drive arrived within 6 days!!! Amazing.
Any how, I bought the case from Amazon here, the disc slid straight in and, as i write this, I'm onto my 7th disc ripping my collection of 4K's to play via INFUSE on Apple TV. So far... seems to work great in our movie room. https://www.avforums.com/threads/the-lo ... 74/page-35.
Although... I have also now ordered a 16TB Raid to store for the increased file size compared to the 30gb files of my 230 disc BluRay collection.
Thank you Alex. I can highly recommend him and his service.
BILLY

Post by BILLY »

I promised Alex I'd leave feedback, I would like to say the drive came well packaged and are competitively priced, My first Blu-Ray movie was fun to do and I sent Alex some pictures I took with my phone of my PC screen and my PC with the ASUS BW-16D1HT drive installed.ImageImageImage
What I learned from Alex is very valuable, don't buy cheap drives! He is very up front and I came to trust him in a short time. The MKV movies I have are out of this world all thanks to the drive Alex prepared for me with the correct firmware and testing.
NorthbyNorth

Post by NorthbyNorth »

Thanks Alex!

I ordered an ASUS BW-16D1HT with an OWC Mercury Pro enclosure.
The service was excellent, the package neat,the product quality seems very good, and it even looks great. (Only negative is that it was 3mm too high to go in where I first wanted to put it, but that is minor.)
I set it up in just a few minutes, and ripped my first six 4K movies without a single hickup.

A very happy customer
ProfessorOkes

Post by ProfessorOkes »

I ordered an ASUS BW-16D1HT with a Nexstar enclosure from Alex and I couldn't be happier with the product. The packaging was surprisingly professional and quality for not coming from a retailer, and the drive has met my expectations fully. Alex met the order despite having a family emergency after I placed the order. He was honest and upfront about things which he did not have to be. I greatly appreciated his honesty and respected it, as well as the fact that he still completed my order instead of giving a refund or leaving me in the dark until a more convenient time for himself. If you're in the market for a 4k capable drive, I seriously cant recommend Alex enough.
j5industries

Post by j5industries »

Another happy customer here - Alex gave me detailed information that let me pick the right drive for my needs, it was shipped quickly and professionally, and the drive works perfectly. Thank you!
JohnnyGrace

Post by JohnnyGrace »

Alex is an all pro, fast, reliable, straight-shooter!

Expert setup, fast ship, great communication and pricing!!

Thank you Alex!!! Johnny
skid-mkv

Post by skid-mkv »

Echoing the prevailing theme - Alex takes care of his customers, and the product is very good. The speed of the order processing, responses to questions, delivery, packaging and the finished product are top rate - something I don't often say these days.

Thanks Alex!
abrandnewusername

Re: Get your drives here: ASUS BW-16D1HT (the best!) , LG BU40N, LG WH16NS60. alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best servi

Post by abrandnewusername »

I sent Alex a mail on Sunday evening Irish time with a couple of questions, Tuesday morning he'd mailed me my invoice and tracking number.

absolute gent.
holyMolyRolliePoly

Re: Get your drives here: ASUS BW-16D1HT (the best!) , LG BU40N, LG WH16NS60. alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best servi

Post by holyMolyRolliePoly »

Absolutely 100% amazing customer service. 10/10 would buy from him again.

I messaged Alex on 11/12 with a few questions and he replied within 15 minutes answering all my questions and sending me his price sheet of the drive services he offered. I went with the Asus BW16D1HT bare drive. He shipped the drive out the same day and sent me back a tracking number. I received the drive on Monday 11/16. This drive worked as expected for all my blu ray's and dvd's I had around. I decided to try my only UHD blu ray and that's where my troubles started. I messaged Alex Monday night about my issues and he was very quick to respond. We messaged back and forth all day Tuesday and decided it might be the disk and for me to try a few others while Alex wrote me up a guide for what to do next; Alex pointed me to a current sale that Best Buy and Amazon were having. I picked up a handful of UHD blu ray's and ALL of those worked. 100% above and beyond what I was expecting when I messaged 'some random guy I found in a forum somewhere'
Last edited by holyMolyRolliePoly on Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gradius

Re: Get your drives here: ASUS BW-16D1HT (the best!), LG BU40N, LG WH16NS60. alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best servic

Post by Gradius »

So, I only discovered MakeMKV in Spring 2020, shortly after learning about LibreDrive and things of that nature.

I started reading this forum without registering earlier this year and, being a noob, downloaded some special Firmware from here but wound up bricking one of my older internal LG drives; turns out the specs didn't even allow for proper Flashing. Completely my fault but oh well.

That said, fast forward a bit and I found Alex's information from r/MakeMKV I think, and dropped him a line. Wound up settling on an ASUS BW-16D1HT, described as the best "UHD friendly" drive, that is, the "cadillac" of drives. Asked him a few questions and he was very prompt and courteous, which was great service from the start!

There was a small delay in shipping from the initial date he told me, but he was very apologetic and polite about it so I didn't mind in the slightest. A few days later I had the ASUS, did a few tests on the 3.01 firmware, and they were all successful! Very pleasing experience, especially pleased with the VERY secure packaging as well! I viewed that as an "above and beyond" measure that he certainly didn't have to go through, but the important thing is HE DID, which shows he values the people he interacts with for these drives. So, this was June 2020 and I told him I would definitely consider him again if I wanted another drive in the future.

Fast forward to October 2020 and I started thinking about another drive, in particular the LG BU40N. This is because I have an older Blu Ray drive for my laptop that I got several years ago, long before I even knew what MakeMKV was, and I wanted a new "Official" UHD drive anyway, plus it was Tray-Loading which was something I didn't already have elsewhere.

Reached out to Alex again, asked a few questions and he was very receptive, even offering a small discount as a repeat customer. Waited for my next paycheck, told him I was "in" for the next drive. Tracking number came within a day or two and even got it a day earlier than USPS originally projected! Once again, presentation/packaging was excellent, even included the box for the enclosure I requested the drive be premounted in... (nice touch! Many people wouldn't have done that) I even told him it looked so "fresh" that it almost looked like it came straight from Retail!

Concluding thoughts-- outstanding, "A" level interactions and Customer Service. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
ratflinger

Re: Get your drives here: ASUS BW-16D1HT (the best!), LG BU40N, LG WH16NS60. alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best servic

Post by ratflinger »

:D

Another happy customer of Alex. Asus drive came in 3 days, 1/2 way across the country and was very securely packed. System immediately recognized the drive (as was expected) and MakeMKV did it's usual good job of ripping a 4k movie. I am very pleased with manner in which Alex handled my order - prompt, courteous, ready to answer any questions.
Chuckmoss

Post by Chuckmoss »

Alex was super helpful when I was trying to figure out what drives would be best for me. Great guy, thanks again! :D
abrandnewusername

Post by abrandnewusername »

abrandnewusername wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:06 am
I sent Alex a mail on Sunday evening Irish time with a couple of questions, Tuesday morning he'd mailed me my invoice and tracking number.

absolute gent.
Drive arrived yesterday. packaged securely, fast delivery. Now I have to actually learn how to rip my blu rays :D

Thanks for everything Alex
mustardsalad

Post by mustardsalad »

I like Alex's honesty. I purchased a drive from him about a year ago to rip blu-rays. I recently discovered the world of 4K UHD discs and wanted to upgrade to a drive that ripped them. So I reached out to him for this, and he responded "didn't I already sell you a 4k compatible drive? Buy a few 4K discs and try it out, they'll work" and sure enough, after buying a 4K copy of 1917, it ripped a 4K transfer just fine.