For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
howie

Re: Libre Drive “UHD Friendly” blu-ray drives shipping in the USA and Worldwide!

Post by howie »

Hey all. I think i'm going to go for one of these. Are they all much in the same performance wise / any pro and cons?
jonghotti

Re: Libre Drive “UHD Friendly” blu-ray drives shipping in the USA and Worldwide!

Post by jonghotti »

howie wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:23 pm
Hey all. I think i'm going to go for one of these. Are they all much in the same performance wise / any pro and cons?
There are differences in speed and longevity for sure drop me an email Howie I’m happy to break it down for you!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
Dan-e

Post by Dan-e »

Do yourself a favor and grab one of these drives from Alex. Great product and even better customer support. Definitely worth it if you're looking to get a good UHD drive without the work!
Jim L

Re: Libre Drive “UHD Friendly” blu-ray drives shipped anywhere in the USA and Worldwide!

Post by Jim L »

Alex truly has a great service. FAST, friendly and no hassles!
Tyson1749

Re: Libre Drive “UHD Friendly” blu-ray drives shipped anywhere in the USA and Worldwide!

Post by Tyson1749 »

Hey all, I’ve been ripping Blu-ray’s for years, finally decided to get into UHD. I’ve been following the progress on this forum for awhile. When I first looked into it a couple of years ago it seemed like the stars, moon and sun all needed to be aligned. Recently I checked again and found Alex to order a drive. I ordered the Asus per his recommendation and man I’m glad I did. Alex was super easy to work with, kept me up to date on shipping etc. he’s even been there to answer questions after the sale. I highly recommend using him if you’re making the jump to 4K rips. I believe his prices to be fair and he seems like a man of his word, something like a unicorn nowadays when purchasing from individuals online. Good luck. Thanks again Alex.
whackjeep

Post by whackjeep »

Alex is the real deal. I thought about buying an ASUS drive with a Vantec enclosure and doing all the work myself. In the end, this was much easier and well worth the money. I had my drive in hand three days after I agreed to purchase. I may have been lucky to choose a product that he already had in stock but either way, that is wicked fast. I also appreciated that he had prices that included tax and shipping. The drive works great right out of the box. Well packaged to prevent damage during shipping. I am happy to be ripping some of my stubborn discs that my last drive couldn't handle.
mmcmah

Post by mmcmah »

I have to echo what everyone else has said. Alex is the real deal - a gentleman, communicative, helpful, friendly and prompt!

I reached out to him expecting to have to wait a long time because of the holidays. His first communication back to me let me know that there would be a wait, but it wasn't all that long and, based on the feedback that I had seen here, I decided it was worth the wait.

Boy was my confidence proven right when he emailed me to say that he had been able to get a drive ready for me earlier than expected and that he was shipping it the next day --- and to pay him only after he had sent me the tracking information. I was blown away by his communication, his speed and his honesty.

I would buy from Alex again in a heartbeat and wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone considering doing business with him.

Alex, thank you so very much for your help and guidance.
Stayreal23

Post by Stayreal23 »

Alex is absolutely awesome to deal with. I found him by doing a search online for UHD Friendly external hard drives. I took a shot that he would be the real deal and am so happy I rolled the dice. He was quick to reply via email and extremely helpful in answering all my questions and recommending which player and enclosure to go with. He had the ASUS drive available but not the enclosure, so I ended up buying that myself. No big deal. He shipped the same day from California and I received it in 2 days later in NJ. Unbelievable! I can’t say enough good things about this guy and will def but from him again if my drive ever fails.
thncs

Post by thncs »

Alex is awesome to deal with. Purchased a drive a few months ago and been ripping ever since. Drive has ripped over 100 blue rays and UHD 4k movies. Got the plex server to around 5tb of movies currently. I would not hesitate to get another drive from Alex. Which may happen in the next month or so!! :)

Can't beat plug and play.

Thanks Alex.
trueCresc

Post by trueCresc »

Ordered WH16NS60 drive from Alex, and it works flawlessly! It works right out of the box and all I needed to do was installing it to the enclosure(that I bought separately from Amazon). So glad that I was able to rip a few UHD blu-ray discs right away with MakeMKV. Alex is so kind and I'm happy to worked with. Definitely recommended to get your UHD drive from him. Thank you so much Alex!
seanfrisbey

Post by seanfrisbey »

Ordered my drive on Tuesday, had it here Thursday, imported my first movie on Friday. Works beautifully, and had very flexible payment options. A+ satisfaction! Thank you, Alex.
sal_campagna

Post by sal_campagna »

Well I need to add my thumbs up for Alex as well. I've got a Mac so wanted a drive & enclosure ready to go. Turns out we live pretty close to each other, so i met him at the local target and picked up my new toy. Got some advise for setting things up and started ripping my first UHD disk once I got back home.

Only problem is that I now need to buy more 4K disc's :-)

Thanks again Alex!
ParkPlace

Post by ParkPlace »

Another big thank you to Alex!

I was in the middle of a marathon ripping session with a stack of Christmas discs and wouldn't you know my old Pioneer slim drive gave out. I'd been toying with the idea of stepping up to a UHD capable drive and this seemed like a good time.

I sent Alex an email Friday late afternoon and he had the drive in the mail within an hour! Drive just got delivered today (Monday), and he actually beat Amazon Prime to my door (Alex was out of enclosures). Drive was well packaged and delivered safe and sound, so now I just have to wait for the enclosure to get back to work.

Alex seems to be good people and easy to work with - once I get around to replacing my slim drive I will definitely get that from him!
Mavic22704

Post by Mavic22704 »

Thanks Alex for all your effort getting me a drive during the holidays. It works perfect and looks great in the owc enclosure! I wanted to leave you some kind of feedback because you really care and can be trusted. Thanks again :D
howie

Post by howie »

Another happy customer :D

My LG BU40N arrived and has been happilly working way for the last day and a half without a hitch.

Cheers Alex!