UHD Enabled Drives (Australia, NZ & Singapore) & DIY "Single Drive Flasher UI" available worldwide!!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
Maliuta

Re: UHD Friendly & Official drives for sale & flashing service (currently Australia & NZ only)

Post by Maliuta »

Greetings,

I am only posting here because I can't send PM's yet ... in all the time I have been using MakeMKV I haven't really needed to use the forums until now - when I'm looking for 4K/UHD capable drives.

I can get the LG BH16NS55 from my normal parts supplier (Marty if you PM me I can give you the details - they have them at a good price). I am wondering if the current versions need flashing, or if they come with a version of the firmware that allows access to UHD content. Since I have a desktop and 2 media PC's these drives look to be the way forward for me.

Slight note - I run Linux primarily (although I have access to a Windows machine if I need it), is there a way to flash the firmware via Linux?

Thanks
--
Nikolai Lusan
MartyMcNuts

Re: UHD Friendly & Official drives for sale & flashing service (currently Australia & NZ only)

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Maliuta wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:01 pm
Greetings,

I am only posting here because I can't send PM's yet ... in all the time I have been using MakeMKV I haven't really needed to use the forums until now - when I'm looking for 4K/UHD capable drives.

I can get the LG BH16NS55 from my normal parts supplier (Marty if you PM me I can give you the details - they have them at a good price). I am wondering if the current versions need flashing, or if they come with a version of the firmware that allows access to UHD content. Since I have a desktop and 2 media PC's these drives look to be the way forward for me.

Slight note - I run Linux primarily (although I have access to a Windows machine if I need it), is there a way to flash the firmware via Linux?

Thanks
Yes, all drives these days need flashing. It is possible with Linux. I don't use Linux but there are a couple of threads about it. It is so much easier to flash on a windows PC if you can.

Thanks for the info. I currently get them at a good price. It is postage that is the killer!!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know:
  • I currently have 8 x BH16NS55's available now, UHD friendly and ready to post. AUD$155.00 each.

***FREE Regular (or $10.00 Express) postage Australia wide (AUD$30.00 postage to New Zealand). For other International locations, please ask for a quote.***

I am happy to check availability / order other drives on request. See below:

Internal Desktop Drives:
ASUS BW-16D1HT-PRO = $210.00
LG WH16NS60 = $$$ PLEASE ASK $$$

External Slim Drives:
LG BU40N with Vantec NST-510S3-BK Enclosure = $$$ PLEASE ASK $$$
Buffalo BRUHD-PU3-BK = $$$ PLEASE ASK $$$
Archgon MD-8107S-U3-UHD = $$$ PLEASE ASK $$$
LG BP50NB40 (cross-flashed to BP60NB10) = AUD$210.00

PM or email me: martymcnuts@outlook.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Jezzabell

Post by Jezzabell »

Just received the BH16NS55. Super happy and works as advertised.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know:

I currently have 4 x BH16NS55's available now, UHD friendly and ready to post. AUD$155.00 each.

***FREE Regular (or $10.00 Express) postage Australia wide (AUD$30.00 postage to New Zealand). For other International locations, please ask for a quote.***

Internal Desktop Drives:

External Slim Drives:

hoppy_pop

Post by hoppy_pop »

Hi there,
MartyMcNuts recently set me up with a LG BP50NB40 (slim external USB) cross-flashed to BP60NB10. Really helpful, straightforward, and the slim little drive does everything I've asked of it. So far so good - Many Thanks Marty! :D
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

hoppy_pop wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:45 am
Hi there,
MartyMcNuts recently set me up with a LG BP50NB40 (slim external USB) cross-flashed to BP60NB10. Really helpful, straightforward, and the slim little drive does everything I've asked of it. So far so good - Many Thanks Marty! :D
You're welcome!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know:

I currently have 2 x BH16NS55's left, UHD capable and ready to post. AUD$155.00 each.

Internal Desktop Drives:

External Slim Drives:

exitguy

Post by exitguy »

Kudos to MartyMcNuts for "above & beyond" service, delivery and product - supply BH16NS55 cross flashed to WH16NS60 + Vantec Y-1039
Emails replied to quickly with answers to any queries prior to order, ordered Wed and delivered Fri which was bonus and welcomed.
Highly recommended for all you who reside "down under" in Oz !!
quiksilver73

Post by quiksilver73 »

I ordered the LG BP50NB40 external pre-flashed drive and it works perfectly with MakeMKV, it's a great little drive.
I'm very happy with the service too, highly recommended!! :D :D :D
SWFan75

Post by SWFan75 »

I ordered a LG BP50NB40 on a Friday afternoon. It was prepared over the weekend and posted on the Monday. Works perfectly.
sleepyjoe

Post by sleepyjoe »

I ordered an 4K enabled disc drive from Marty, it woks brilliantly and Marty has been extremely helpful with any questions. Totally recommend it!
iamjohnsname

Post by iamjohnsname »

I ordered a flashed LG BH16NS55 from Marty on Monday, and it was here by Thursday!

It works perfectly, and Marty was super helpful with my questions before ordering.

Nothing I ever buy just works out of the box, but this has been a breeze!

Thank you!
eyeguy

Post by eyeguy »

Hi Everyone,

I have just taken delivery of The Archgon MD-8107S-U3YC-UHD supplied to me by Jason Kelly
I have connected it to my 2018 macmini running Big Sur beta and it works like a charm

Jason delivered the drive in less time than he said it would take and he was awesome to deal with.

Thank you
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know:
  • I currently have 1 x BH16NS55 available now, UHD capable and ready to post. AUD$155.00 each.
  • I currently have 1 x LG BP50NB40 in stock, UHD capable and ready to post. AUD$210.00 each.

Internal Desktop Drives:

External Slim Drives: