UHD Enabled Drives (Australia, NZ & Singapore) & DIY "Single Drive Flasher UI" available worldwide!!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
SMD88

Re: UHD Enabled Drives (Australia, NZ & Singapore) & DIY "Single Drive Flasher UI" available worldwide!!

Post by SMD88 »

Thanks, Marty! I may just get one of the LG 5.25 drives from you instead then. In my mind, I always thought of those as more reliable but seeing as the drive will be ripping a lot of UHDs and BDs, which would you recommend? I am guessing the HP SHOULD have lasted longer?
MartyMcNuts

Re: UHD Enabled Drives (Australia, NZ & Singapore) & DIY "Single Drive Flasher UI" available worldwide!!

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SMD88 wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:33 am
Thanks, Marty! I may just get one of the LG 5.25 drives from you instead then. In my mind, I always thought of those as more reliable but seeing as the drive will be ripping a lot of UHDs and BDs, which would you recommend? I am guessing the HP SHOULD have lasted longer?
I’ve never had a HP drive before but I’d expect any drive to last longer than 3 months! The last year or so, I’ve noticed the external slim drives seems to be more reliable.

Anyway, IMO the Pioneer drives are far better build quality (and better readers / writers) than any of the others but it really depends on what software you’re using for ripping UHD. Regarding ripping UHD, the Pioneer only works with MakeMKV and AnyDVD but I recommend using MakeMKV. The other good drive is the LG BP50NB40 crossflashed to BU40N firmware. This drive / firmware combo works with all ripping software and rips UHD quickly! Read speed for UHD is 6x max vs 4x max for the Pioneer.

If you really want an internal 5.25, then the LG BH16NS55 with WH16NS60 1.02-MK works well with MakeMKV and AnyDVD. If you use other software to rip UHD then WH16NS60 1.00 is the firmware to choose.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SMD88

Post by SMD88 »

I should have mention, I only use (soon to be purchased) MakeMKV :D
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SMD88 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:33 am
I should have mention, I only use (soon to be purchased) MakeMKV :D
Good software choice! Yeah, you really can't go past a Pioneer drive. They are just plain better. Better build quality. Better at reading and better at writing. The only downside (if you can call it that) is that they are a little slower than the LG drives but as I say, slower is better, especially when reading UHD discs!!

So my recommendations are in order:
  • Pioneer BDR-XD07TB (cross-flashed for UHD readability)
  • LG BP50NB40 (cross-flashed to BU40N firmware for UHD readability)
  • If you must have an internal 5.25" drive, the LG BH16NS55 cross-flashed with WH16NS60 1.02-MK firmware which is the fastest (8x max speed but usually around 6x-7x) and removes the sleep bug.
I have both external slim drives in stock. If you order the internal BH16NS55 I can have it in hand within a few days.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SMD88

Post by SMD88 »

Thanks, Marty!

I think I will buy the Pioneer and maybe the LG internal as a back-up. I only have a laptop at the moment, so the "internal" will be used as an "external" anyway. I will of course need an external if I ever manage to upgrade my laptop, too.

I would love the slot loading Pioneer, too bad about the bloody firmware update. I almost bought one in April and was going to cross my fingers it was old stock, but I decided to upgrade my ancient, almost 10 year old laptop instead. Doubled the RAM and added a 4tb SAMSUNG SSD. Damn, what a difference! An internal laptop drive would be the most convenient of course, but I would rather have one that will last. Are the 5.25 LG's in the wild still flashable? Or were they blocked at some stage?

I did manage to rip some discs tonight, but it kept dropping to 2x. I ripped the Umbrella version of Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Tom and Jerry Golden Collection Vol.1 (ugh, never getting that Vol.2 pre-order from 2011!) and ALIENS from the original UK BD box. I will try a UHD tomorrow, but I don't fancy my chances. I just hope that damned CLIFFHANGER 3oth Anniversary rips with the new drive when I get it. Thing was covered in scratches and even finger prints. Really wish those cheap-arse US companies would stop using those horrible Mexican duplicating factories.

Thanks Again!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SMD88 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:21 pm
Thanks, Marty!

I think I will buy the Pioneer and maybe the LG internal as a back-up. I only have a laptop at the moment, so the "internal" will be used as an "external" anyway. I will of course need an external if I ever manage to upgrade my laptop, too.

I would love the slot loading Pioneer, too bad about the bloody firmware update. I almost bought one in April and was going to cross my fingers it was old stock, but I decided to upgrade my ancient, almost 10 year old laptop instead. Doubled the RAM and added a 4tb SAMSUNG SSD. Damn, what a difference! An internal laptop drive would be the most convenient of course, but I would rather have one that will last. Are the 5.25 LG's in the wild still flashable? Or were they blocked at some stage?

I did manage to rip some discs tonight, but it kept dropping to 2x. I ripped the Umbrella version of Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Tom and Jerry Golden Collection Vol.1 (ugh, never getting that Vol.2 pre-order from 2011!) and ALIENS from the original UK BD box. I will try a UHD tomorrow, but I don't fancy my chances. I just hope that damned CLIFFHANGER 3oth Anniversary rips with the new drive when I get it. Thing was covered in scratches and even finger prints. Really wish those cheap-arse US companies would stop using those horrible Mexican duplicating factories.

Thanks Again!
Awesome! I have a Pioneer here with your name on it! Yeah, the LG drives are still flashable. I do have the Single Drive Flasher available for them.

Regarding the UHD discs, yeah, I think their QC may be slipping as some of those discs are terrible quality.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know, I have:

LG BP50NB40 (your choice of BP60NB10 or BU40N firmware for UHD readability!) ** LG $199 Special **
  • 6 available
  • 0 incoming

Pioneer BDR-XD07TB (cross-flashed to enable UHD readability!) ** Pioneer $199 Special **
  • 5 available
  • 0 incoming

Archgon BU40N flashed to BU40N 1.00 for use with all ripping software!
  • 0 available
  • 0 incoming (available to order)

LG BH16NS55 (with your choice of firmware!)
  • 0 available

**The Alxum SATA / USB powered adapter is also available for purchase with any internal desktop drive.**

**A compatible USB-C cable is also available for purchase with any external slim drive.**

And don't forget, the "Single Drive Flasher UI" is available worldwide for the most common drives and firmware versions!! Easily perform the drive flash yourself in your own time, whenever you are ready...

To ask a question, check pricing and availability or place an order, please go to https://uhdenableddrives.com
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi everyone,

LG BP50NB40 (your choice of BP60NB10 or BU40N firmware for UHD readability!) ** LG $199 Special **
  • 6 available
  • 0 incoming

Pioneer BDR-XD07TB (cross-flashed to enable UHD readability!) ** Pioneer $199 Special **
  • 3 available
  • 0 incoming

• 0 available

• 1 available

**The Alxum SATA / USB powered adapter is also available for purchase with any internal desktop drive.**

**A compatible USB-C cable is also available for purchase with any external slim drive.**

And don't forget, the "Single Drive Flasher UI" is available worldwide for the most common drives and firmware versions!! Easily perform the drive flash yourself in your own time, whenever you are ready...

To ask a question, check pricing and availability or place an order, please go to https://uhdenableddrives.com
tropolite

Post by tropolite »

Thanks Marty...

Awesome service!
Purchased the Pioneer BDR-XD07TB and a 1m cable and the package almost came before I lodged it! [Not really]
I got the express postage and it got to me within 48hrs of me buying the unit.

Tested it all yesterday and it works so well with MakeMKV. Couldn't be happier. Now I have the ability to digitize my Bluray library to my NAS. Very Cool.

Thanks once again Marty... Anyone considering buying in this region, you can't go wrong and you'll be more than happy.

----
tropolite
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi everyone,

• 6 available
  • 0 incoming
  • 0 available
  • 3 incoming (get your order in quick!!)
  • 0 available
  • 1 available

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi everyone,

• 6 available
  • 0 incoming
  • 3 available
  • 0 incoming
  • 0 available
  • 1 available

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi everyone,

• 5 available
  • 0 incoming
  • 4 available
  • 0 incoming
  • 0 available
  • 1 available

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi everyone,

• 4 available
  • 0 incoming
  • 5 available
  • 0 incoming
  • 0 available
  • 0 available
  • 1 incoming (available to order)

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi everyone,

• 4 available
  • 0 incoming
  • 3 available
  • 0 incoming
  • 0 available
  • 0 available

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi everyone,

• 4 available
  • 0 incoming
  • 3 available
  • 0 incoming
  • 0 available
Pioneer BDR-S12UHT (UHD readability enabled!) ** Pioneer Internal Drive Sale **
  • 0 available
  • 0 available