(Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £117.32, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
DonMilne

Re: Best Prices!!! ASUS BC-12D2HT with v3.11mk £74.99/US $91.99 Plus Postage. Worldwide Service

Post by DonMilne »

I just registered to thank "asmcom" for his excellent service on eBay. I was idly searching on eBay for a better BluRay reader drive, and came across Robin's listing which mentioned features I knew about (MakeMKV) and others I didn't even know existed (LibreDrive). The new drive arrived quickly and immediately proved to be twice as fast as my previous "Pioneer BDR-209M" when tested on the same disk.

Robin's description of what I bought: "USB 3.0 External Vantec Enclosure 5.25" Colour Black, fitted with a Hitachi LG-BH16NS40 Cross Flashed to LG-WH16NS60 on firmware version 1.02mk."
asmcom

Re: Best Prices!!! ASUS BC-12D2HT with v3.11mk £74.99/US $91.99 Plus Postage. Worldwide Service

Post by asmcom »

Delighted to hear your drive is working as expected. Thank you for the kind review. Hope you and your family stay safe. :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
harryredcap

Post by harryredcap »

I would like to say a big thank you to a super guy Asmcom.

I received my Dune and NAS drive back on Wednesday. Asmcom done a superb job. Plex is installed and the Dune configured with directory structure and paired to the NAS Drive as requested in NFS protocol

Asmcom remotely set up the Lags and port trunking in 802.3ad Layer 2+3 (MAC+IP) mode for my QNAP NAS using my 4 x gigabyte ports. My next upgrade will be a 10Gb Network card for my PC but that is for another day.

Once all connected up to my Thunderbolt 3 port on my PC and my 4k monitor connected to the HDMI on the TVS-1282T3 now I can directly play from my timeline on Premiere Pro and view my 4K/5K footage for instant preview and also my final work. Also the TVS-1282T3 can process real-time video editing. I also have plex server up and running too.

A few tweaks were remotely made by Asmcom yesterday and all is good.

I must say I had a pleasant surprise when I viewed the NAS. Say no more.

I also purchased 2 drives from Asmcom with Vantec Enclosures which I am very pleased with.
The WH16NS60 on firmware 1.00 and a WH16NS40 on 1.02DE both very fast drives.

I now have 4 drives in total.

Many thanks to Teddy Raspin for flashing my other 2 drives remotely.

I used both MakeMKV and Redfox for backing up my movies. MAKEMKV is really an amazing product and the software author "Mike" has done a brilliant job with this software.

I wish there was a facility to output to a protected ISO or unprotected ISO for the Dune HD Ultra 4k . This would save the extra steps with Imgburn to make an ISO.

The Benefit of the ISO on the Dune HD Ultra 4K is that you have the full menus with extra features, just like a stand alone 4k Blu-ray player. Hopefully some day this feature might be added.

All parcels were carefully packaged and great care was taken to protect the items with flopak and bubble wrap and Fragile tape on the boxes.

I must say superb service and great communication skills.

Thanks to MakeMKV for helping my home cinema dreams come true.

Harry....
zilog23

Re: Drive Read Speed Comparison BH-16NS40 CF WH16NS60 1.02mk vs Original WH16NS60 1.02mk Added (Asmcom)

Post by zilog23 »

Hi Asmcom,

Very impressed with your drive speed comparison. I must say, I find it very interesting. I am looking to buy a new drive and have not yet decided. I have narrowed it down to 3 drives. Asus Bw-16..., BU40 or WH16NS60. I have looked at your eBay site and see you have the drives I am interested in. I am based in Los Angeles.

Could you help me decide as I am looking a drive quick.

Alex
asmcom

Re: Drive Read Speed Comparison BH-16NS40 CF WH16NS60 1.02mk vs Original WH16NS60 1.02mk Added (Asmcom)

Post by asmcom »

Thanks for your kind words Alex. I f you are looking a drive fairly quick, I would have to recommend one of the American sellers who could probably deliver quicker. With the Coronavirus I could not guarantee quick delivery to the US as I am in the United Kingdom. My last delivery took seven days. I would recommend you contact Billy Carr or Alex Coluzzi both who are professional sellers. Both of them are on the recommended UHD guide. I would also recommend Martymcnuts but I believe he only delivers to Australia and New Zealand.

Have a good day :mrgreen:

Asmcom

Billy: Billycar5924@gmail.com
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831

Alex: alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
ebucht

Post by ebucht »

Hi asmcom.

Thanks again to change the FW remotely from V1.03MKV to V1.00 of
your drive "LG-BU40N v1.03MK / V1.00 UHD Friendly Blu-ray".

The LG drive is working much butter for me with FW V1.00. I haven't meassured the time, but it was less then an 45min of a full backup of an entire UHD: fast for a slimline drive.

Cheers from the land of beer
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Always 1.00 for the slims, always! :)
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

ebucht wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:14 pm
Hi asmcom.

Thanks again to change the FW remotely from V1.03MKV to V1.00 of
your drive "LG-BU40N v1.03MK / V1.00 UHD Friendly Blu-ray".

The LG drive is working much butter for me with FW V1.00. I haven't meassured the time, but it was less then an 45min of a full backup of an entire UHD: fast for a slimline drive.

Cheers from the land of beer
You are welcome, v1.03 does not work with DVDfab. I will make this more clear in my advert description. Hope your DVDfab is working good. 1.03 is brilliant with Makemkv and I have had great feedback from Mac owners. Hope your DVDfab is going good now.

Asmcom :mrgreen:

PS. I will join you for a German Beer when I am next in your town. German Beer all the way. The best in the world.
Fastpaced

Post by Fastpaced »

Today is the 07/05/2020 another day in the lockdown but I was cheered up this morning when the postman turned up with a delivery from Ebay. It was my new External LG WH16NS40 with WH16NS60 FW v1.02mk, 4K, UltraHD, UHD Friendly! drive from Asmcom. Setting up the drive was easy until I tried to play a blu-ray disc. My PowerDVD would'nt play it. I needed a bit of help, so I contacted Asmcom through Ebay messaging. What a delight of a man, he could'nt do enough for me. Through team player he set up MakeMKV, VLC player and AnyDvD for me and if that was'nt enought he gave me a masterclass over the phone (a few calls later) in the use of the software. MakeMKV seems to be the key to it all. I can highly recommend MakeMKV and more so the technical backup Asmcom provides, Its also worth mentioning that I paid Asmcom to post the drive first class, but he took it upon himself to post it next day delivery. Thanks for your time and help.

A very greatful user.

Fastpaced ( Alan )
ebucht

Post by ebucht »

Yeah, let's see, when travelling will be possible again...
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Fastpaced wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:37 pm
Today is the 07/05/2020 another day in the lockdown but I was cheered up this morning when the postman turned up with a delivery from Ebay. It was my new External LG WH16NS40 with WH16NS60 FW v1.02mk, 4K, UltraHD, UHD Friendly! drive from Asmcom. Setting up the drive was easy until I tried to play a blu-ray disc. My PowerDVD would'nt play it. I needed a bit of help, so I contacted Asmcom through Ebay messaging. What a delight of a man, he could'nt do enough for me. Through team player he set up MakeMKV, VLC player and AnyDvD for me and if that was'nt enought he gave me a masterclass over the phone (a few calls later) in the use of the software. MakeMKV seems to be the key to it all. I can highly recommend MakeMKV and more so the technical backup Asmcom provides, Its also worth mentioning that I paid Asmcom to post the drive first class, but he took it upon himself to post it next day delivery. Thanks for your time and help.

A very greatful user.

Fastpaced ( Alan )
Thanks for kind review. You have made my day. Nice to feel appreciated.

bigalp99

Re: Drive Speed Comparison & Asmcom's Seller Page Worldwide Service)

Post by bigalp99 »

Ordered a ASUS BC-12D2HT Firmware 3.11mk 4K Ultra HD UHD Friendly from ASMCOM and arrived within 24hrs. Used to rip DVDs and Blu rays to a Synology NAS drive to play on Plex. Works really well and getting 44M/s and 10X reading during the process so an average Blu ray takes just over 20 minutes to copy to an MKV file with makeMKV

As stated it does not play Blu rays - it only copies them. It does play (and copy) DVDs though, and is region free. I am using mine as an external drive with an OWC optical drive bay which runs to the iMac with a USB 3.1 cable. Just plug in and go.

Supplied by ASMCOM who did a brilliant job keeping me informed and although there was a technical hitch with the first drive, he sent me a free replacement within 24hrs which works perfectly.

Would totally recommend if you want to move your DVD and Blu ray collection to your PC/Mac
aessedesign

Post by aessedesign »

Mail sent ;)
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

aessedesign wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:43 pm
Mail sent ;)
Got your orders.

MudydyDogs

Post by MudydyDogs »

I backup up my DVDs and Blu-rays onto a Plex server running on a 2018 Mac Mini using MakeMKV. I'd been wanting to backup 4K UHD disks as well, but had been nervous about trying to find the right drive and then flashing the correct firmware on to it.

Fortunately I found a thread on here recommending @asmcom as a person who could sell you a pre-flashed drive in the UK (didn't want to pay import duty on a drive from the US).

He was very responsive to all my questions on eBay and sent the drive very quickly when I placed my order.

Well, my new External BW-16D1HT Blu-ray drive (firmware 3.10mk, 4K, Ultra HD, UHD Friendly) arrived a couple of days ago, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I've tested it with 4K UHD, Blu-ray & DVD and it took everything I could throw at it, including one Blu-ray that my old drive completely refused to backup because of read errors. As an added bonus, it's considerably faster than my old drive :D

Definitely recommend him if you're after a pre-flashed drive :D

Jamie