(Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £117.32, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
ahumaro

Re: (Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £117.32, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by ahumaro »

Hi asmcom

I am interested in one of your products.

Can you contact me on private message here?
asmcom

Re: (Asmcom:) Pioneer UHD 4K Drives From £117.32, Cheap Shipping, Worldwide Service, Excellent Service!!!

Post by asmcom »

ahumaro wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:08 pm
Hi asmcom

I am interested in one of your products.

Can you contact me on private message here?
Please email us

uhdfriendlydrives@gmail.com
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
MrXeno

Post by MrXeno »

How long does a reply normally take?

I have wrote a email to the addresse provided on the first post but no respond so far.
I'm mostly just curious in terms of respond time :)
Last edited by MrXeno on Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluxonium

Post by Fluxonium »

HI All,

just a quick review.

Ordered the BDR-213EBK from Asmcom, support and delivery was very quick. The drive works as advertised and I will be purchasing another drive form Asmcom asap.

Thanks for the quick delivery and great support :)

Best regards,
Andy
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

MrXeno wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:52 am
How long does a reply normally take?

I have wrote a email to the addresse provided on the first post but no respond so far.
I'm mostly just curious in terms of respond time :)
We're currently managing a daily influx of 100 to 150 inquiries across eBay and MakeMKV. Due to high demand, kindly expect a response within 3 to 4 working days. If you haven't heard back yet, please email us with your MakeMKV username, Mr. Xeno. We make every effort to respond to all customers, but unfortunately, about half of them don't follow up. This adds considerable time to our workload.

Asmcom :mrgreen:
Last edited by asmcom on Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Fluxonium wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:44 am
HI All,

just a quick review.

Ordered the BDR-213EBK from Asmcom, support and delivery was very quick. The drive works as advertised and I will be purchasing another drive form Asmcom asap.

Thanks for the quick delivery and great support :)

Best regards,
Andy
Thanks Andy for the time taken to post the excellent review of our services. We are delighted to hear that you are happy with your new Pioneer Internal 5.25" Libre-Drive Friendly Blu-ray Drive.

radrip

Post by radrip »

Hi,
I'd like to buy a 4k drive but cannot send you a private message (because my account here is new). I tried writing an email last week but did not get an answer. What is the right way to contact you?
regards
treeshaker

Post by treeshaker »

Hi ! New here !

I'm curious to know if it would be possible to find a Libredrive BDR-XS07TUHD or a BDR-XS07T ? or maybe a 5,25" drive ?

I read about Verbatim 43888 and I could buy one at Amazon but I didn't know if it can be still flashed to Libredrive as of march 2024. Are they ?

Thank for any help !

Best Regards,
Jay
Mr. Red

Post by Mr. Red »

treeshaker wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:16 pm
Hi ! New here !

I'm curious to know if it would be possible to find a Libredrive BDR-XS07TUHD or a BDR-XS07T ? or maybe a 5,25" drive ?

I read about Verbatim 43888 and I could buy one at Amazon but I didn't know if it can be still flashed to Libredrive as of march 2024. Are they ?

Thank for any help !

Best Regards,
Jay
The Verbatim 43888 is still shipped with firmware version 1.14 which is libre drive compatible out of the box. No flashing necessary.
I got mine two weeks ago from mindfactory.
But it seems that there are some reliability issues with the drive (see: viewtopic.php?p=147839#p147839 and viewtopic.php?p=148119#p148119). And you have to make sure your USB port provides enough power.
You can try the verbatim. If it is defective you can return/change it under warranty.
Or you can buy a more robust pioneer drive here from Asmcom. But since he ships from the UK you have to consider customs and taxes, because the stupid brits decided to leave the EU. (Nothing against you @asmcom ;))

There are also LG and Asus drives that can still be self flashed. But from what I read here in the forums they're inferior to the pioneer drives in form of build and read quality. But it seems that some have them running without problems. And they are quite cheap compared to the pioneer drives (bulk version of the LG BH16NS55 ~75€ on amazon).
I myself had only good experiences with LG drives in the past (using my LG GGW-H20L for ~14years without problems) but it can be different for the new UHD drives.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Asmcom ships from Northern Ireland. No duty if shipped to EU if you buy directly and not via ebay.
Mr. Red

Post by Mr. Red »

Ah thanks, good to know.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Mr. Red wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:14 pm
treeshaker wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:16 pm
Hi ! New here !

Thank for any help !

Best Regards,
Jay
The Verbatim 43888 is still shipped with firmware version 1.14 which is libre drive compatible out of the box. No flashing necessary.
I got mine two weeks ago from mindfactory.
But it seems that there are some reliability issues with the drive (see: viewtopic.php?p=147839#p147839 and viewtopic.php?p=148119#p148119). And you have to make sure your USB port provides enough power.
You can try the verbatim. If it is defective you can return/change it under warranty.
Or you can buy a more robust pioneer drive here from Asmcom. But since he ships from the UK you have to consider customs and taxes, because the stupid brits decided to leave the EU. (Nothing against you @asmcom ;))

There are also LG and Asus drives that can still be self flashed. But from what I read here in the forums they're inferior to the pioneer drives in form of build and read quality. But it seems that some have them running without problems. And they are quite cheap compared to the pioneer drives (bulk version of the LG BH16NS55 ~75€ on amazon).
I myself had only good experiences with LG drives in the past (using my LG GGW-H20L for ~14years without problems) but it can be different for the new UHD drives.
No import tax when posting from Northern Ireland.

No Import Tax is Charged to the following countries:

The EU countries are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden. Import duties are not charged on goods moving from Northern Ireland to the United Kingdom or any of the EU countries above. This arrangement is part of the Northern Ireland Protocol, which aims to maintain an open border on the island of Ireland while ensuring that Northern Ireland remains aligned with certain EU rules

treeshaker

Post by treeshaker »

Many thanks to you Mr. Red, Coopervid and Asmcom for your detailed explanations ! Helps a lot.

I will write to you Asmcom for more details.

Best Regards,
Jay
C.C. 95

Post by C.C. 95 »

Just Bought a drive from Asmcom. The process couldn't have been easier! He sent me tons of information about the drives available, costs, and opinions on which drives were best.
The shipping was super fast! A pleasure to do business with- and I will not hesitate to call on Asmcom again when I need another libre drive!
Thank you, brother!!
A+++
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

C.C. 95 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:50 pm
Just Bought a drive from Asmcom. The process couldn't have been easier! He sent me tons of information about the drives available, costs, and opinions on which drives were best.
The shipping was super fast! A pleasure to do business with- and I will not hesitate to call on Asmcom again when I need another libre drive!
Thank you, brother!!
A+++
Hello C.C 95,

Thank you for your insightful review and kind words. Your time and effort in posting this nice review are greatly appreciated. We're eager to hear your thoughts on how your new drive compares to your previous setup which was a Hitachi LG WH-16NS40 cross-flashed to WH-16NS60 1-00DE, alongside the old Vantec hardware, model NST-536S3-BK. Your feedback on the performance differences between the old and new drives would be invaluable to us and other forum members.