Disk in Ordner kopieren "I:\Filme\Cars2"
DEBUG: Code 1 at Yqj&R9w89CKrcO3|8:29394666
DEBUG: Code 771 at Wy#=or%vos4$Tm&FGBZ&:213141438
DEBUG: Code 0 at Wy#=or%vos4$Tm&FGBZ&:29405821
Backup fehlgeschlagen
mike admin

Re: Cars 2 3D

Post by mike admin »

This is a bug in MakeMKV. From a first glance, this might be a 3D only disc, without 2D content. Can you please provide the following information:
- list of all SSIF files (under STREAM/SSIF directory)
- list of all M2TS files
- copy of all CLPI and MPLS files from the disc

please send all information to support@makemkv.com .

Also, what happens if you try to open disc to produce MKV file, not for backup?
benoit

Post by benoit »

I'm resurrecting this thread as I also have trouble with Cars 2 3D (bluray, in English and French).

I'm evaluating MakeMKV 1.7.4 on Linux.

1st issue: After opening the disc, I see 23 titles, 2 of which are 32GB, 21 others range from 700MB to 2GB. FYI, normally there are only 2 movies: Cars 2 itself and a short cartoon. The 2nd 32GB title is the French version of the main movie. Many of the small titles are chapters duplicated from the main movie. Not a big deal, but it's weird.

2nd issue: none of the video items are pre-selected after opening the disc. The content tree looks like this:
Blue-ray disc Cars 2
-- [V] Title Cars 2 - 32 chapters, 32.1GB
---- Video Mpeg4
------ [ ] Video Mpeg4-MVC-3D
Is this normal?

3rd issue: most importantly, the export is 2D only. First time I tried, I left the Video item unselected as shown above. I got that title exported as an MKV file of 20GB. Then I exported again, this time selecting the Video item shown above. This created an MKV file of 26GB.

In both cases, I can only see a 2D movie. I played them using VLC and Bino and I see only 1 image at a time. Bino does not recognise the MKV as 3D. I haven't tried yet with any other MKV files so I don't know if the cause is in VLC and Bino or in the MKV files exported by MakeMKV. I tried VLC and Bino with 3D samples in .WMV and that worked fine.

Let me know if you need any file as requested above.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Very few players support H.264 MVC in MKV yet (AFAIK, VLC isn't one of them - it doesn't support MVC at all, unless I am mistaken).
PowerDVD should work with MakeMKV's output (check other posts on this forum).
benoit

Post by benoit »

Thanks but PowerDVD is Windows-only, as I understand. I see there used to be a Linux version a few years ago but it is not advertised on cyberlink.com today. Bino, on the other hand, works well with 3D WMV samples and it supports MKV, but maybe not the same flavour as those made by MakeMKV. I'll try to find more 3D MKV samples.

My questions remain open:
1. Why does MakeMKV list more titles than actually present on disc?
2. Why are "Video Mpeg4-MVC-3D" items initially unselected in the list of titles?
3. Are 3D MKV files created by MakeMKV actually readable on Linux with some video player? Or is there anything special with Cars 2 3D that MakeMKV cannot read?
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

benoit wrote:3. Are 3D MKV files created by MakeMKV actually readable on Linux with some video player?
Unlikely. As far as I know, there is no open source H.264 MVC decoder.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

benoit wrote:1. Why does MakeMKV list more titles than actually present on disc?
This disc uses so-called BD_J protection that MakeMKV not handles yet. There are many "fake" titles, just to confuse you.
benoit wrote:2. Why are "Video Mpeg4-MVC-3D" items initially unselected in the list of titles?
Because that's the default selection rule. Most people don't want 3D in MKV. You can change the default selection rule in preferences if you enable advanced mode, and make MVC streams enabled by default.