Failure to Backup Tron Legacy 3D

Everything related to Blu-ray 3D and 3D MKV files
MrBfJohn

Failure to Backup Tron Legacy 3D

Post by MrBfJohn »

The process starts just fine, but about a third of the way in I get this
Backing up disc into folder "E:/BD Backup Temp"
Evaluation version, 30 day(s) out of 30 remaining
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00224.m2ts' at offset '1490681856'
Backup failed
Originally I thought maybe it was a NAS issue, but this log was from trying to copy to a local SSD with plenty of room on it.
I've made a successful MKV using the same disc, but this ended up being reduced to 2D. I'm very new to the whole MKV thing so I wasn't aware it wouldn't be possible to rip a 3D movie to MKV, which is why I tried the iso route.
The disc plays fine in PowerDVD 15, so I don't think it's the disk itself.
Is there anything I've missed?

Cheers in advance

John
Woodstock

Re: Failure to Backup Tron Legacy 3D

Post by Woodstock »

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00224.m2ts' at offset '1490681856'
Well, your drive seems to think there is a problem reading part of the disk... And, in backup mode, one error defeats the integrity of the backup, so it fails.

What happens if you use Open->Save (creating MKV files) instead of Backup? Is it just one file that has problems, or multiple?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
MrBfJohn

Re: Failure to Backup Tron Legacy 3D

Post by MrBfJohn »

Cheers for the reply. When I looked REAL close, the disc had a tiny spec of dirt on it which was causing the issue. After removing it the disc backed up fine.