Raspberry Pi support

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
magisystem

Raspberry Pi support

Post by magisystem »

Hi there,

first of all, makeMkv is an awesome piece of software, thanks for keeping it up and running.

I saw that MakeMKV can be used to play Blurays in VLC and Kodi, even under Linux, which is fantastic. But I use a Raspberry Pi 3B+ (ARMv8, but I think older Pis had ARMv7 architecture) as my mediacenter, and can't install it there. Searching through the net and this forum I found some quite old posts where this topic was discussed and support for ARM anounced for a future release. So, what is the status of the ARM support?

When I can use MakeMKV to play all my Bluray discs on my Raspberry, I'd gladly pay for it.
And if you need someone to compile or test it on a Pi, I'll be glad to help.

Best regards
paulhargrave

Re: Raspberry Pi support

Post by paulhargrave »

I too would really like PI support.

From [forum linux copilation instructions][https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=224] there are 2 "packages" to compile as ARM7l

I've managed to compile the OSS files but the bin files appear to be pre-compiled as AMD64 or x86 which rather scuppers the thing.

Please please please add a ARM7l compiled binary for the front end.

Thanks!!
xhabu01

Re: Raspberry Pi support

Post by xhabu01 »

I just attempted installing MakeMKV on my raspberry pi to find that I could not compile the Bin front end... received the error that there was no support for the ARM7 platform...

I humbly request support for the ARM platform... specifically the Raspberry PI.

Thank you for this consideration.