Issue with Libredrive mode? Device must be cold booted to be recognized by the Linux kernel

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
mkfelidae

Issue with Libredrive mode? Device must be cold booted to be recognized by the Linux kernel

Post by mkfelidae »

I am using MakeMKV in a docker container (jlesage/makemkv) on UNRAID (6.8.0).
I have two drives an HP brand DVD drive(/dev/sr0 ; /dev/sg4), and an LG Blu-Ray reader(/dev/sr1 ; /dev/sg5) with Libredrive patched firmware
I will attach a ZIP with the relevant parts of the boot log to demonstrate this issue.

What actually happens:
The Docker container works great!
I can rip any kind of disc I want in the Libredrive enabled drive, until I reboot UNRAID.
When I have used the Drive in Libredrive mode, after reboot My computer (not just the docker container) never resolves the Blu-Ray reader. It errors out when mounting the drive at boot time. The only fix I have for this is to NEVER reboot UNRAID. If I have to reboot it for any reason, I instead do a full shutdown, wait 10 seconds then power it up as normal.

Things I have done to troubleshoot:
I have moved the ODD's to a PCIe SATA controller (no effect)

For what it is worth, My mobo SATA controller ID's the drive as a "harddisk" after a regular reboot.
mkfelidae

Re: Issue with Libredrive mode? Device must be cold booted to be recognized by the Linux kernel

Post by mkfelidae »

Here are the Syslog fragments in question for the drive not being recognized.

Some other points of note are this drive's firmware was modified using the windows process for this drive, I used to use a straight windows 10 computer until I switched to UNRAID.
The PCIe sata add in card is based on micron firmware and does still detect the drive as "ODD" after a warm reboot.
I have tried remounting the drive after boot time but, honestly, my Linux skills are not up to the task.
Attachments
syslogfragments.zip
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 514 times