Not Seeing All Titles

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
mrcraigc

Not Seeing All Titles

Post by mrcraigc »

Moved over to Linux Cinnamon from Windows and installed MakeMKV from the software manager and everything was going fine. Recently though the program is not finding all titles. I confirm they are on the disc by checking in VLC player. Any ideas what the problem might be?
Woodstock

Re: Not Seeing All Titles

Post by Woodstock »

What do you have set for your minimum title length? The default is 120 seconds (2 minutes), so you won't see a lot of the small "extras" on disks.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mrcraigc

Post by mrcraigc »

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:15 am
What do you have set for your minimum title length? The default is 120 seconds (2 minutes), so you won't see a lot of the small "extras" on disks.
Yes, it is set for 120 seconds but it is missing whole episodes of shows and in some cases not capturing the whole episode.

I'm new to Linux and have been playing around with it the last few days so maybe I did something to change how the DVD reader works?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

There is manual DVD mode for when a disk has weird formatting that MakeMKV can't figure out.

I'd start out with the information requested in the FAQ link in my signature and sending it to support@makemkv.com for Mike to look at. There shouldn't be a difference between how MakeMKV sees a disk on Windows, Linux, or MacOS, but I assume you are only comparing it to VLC, and not one of the other operating systems.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mrcraigc

Post by mrcraigc »

I tried manual mode and it found everything. Saving was an issue though. Wondering if it might be a disc or hardware issue?