Won't let me accept the EULA

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
rjmxrjmx

Won't let me accept the EULA

Post by rjmxrjmx »

I'm trying to build bin-1.17.5 for Debian, but it won't let me accept the EULA. 'less' displays the copyright notice all right, but when I hit 'q' to get out of that, it doesn't ask me to accept the EULA, assumes that I won't, and stops. How to get past this?
Woodstock

Re: Won't let me accept the EULA

Post by Woodstock »

There has been an issue in the past when people copy/paste keys in place, usually with Windows, but it could hit either Linux or Mac.

Make sure the copied key ONLY includes the key, and no finicky bits (like formatting).
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
rjmxrjmx

Post by rjmxrjmx »

Thanks. I don’t get asked for keys at all, although I should have one (somewhere …). I was able to build makemkv outside Debian, but I’d still like to get it done that way (makes for better software management: I don’t intend to distribute it). How do I add a key?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

In the GUI, there should be a 'register' option. It is in the Help menu on macOS.

If you want to register MakeMKV on the command line: How to add license for a machine that only runs makemkvcon
rjmxrjmx

Post by rjmxrjmx »

OK, I've figured it out.

I knew it wasn't a problem with licensing, because makeMKV ran fine when I installed it manually. I wanted to make proper Debian .deb files so that it was integrated into the system. Here's how I did it.

- Run dh_make on both the -oss and -bin sources.
- dpkg-buildpackage -e<email address> works fine to build the -oss package
- Go into the -bin directory and run 'make'. This allows you to agree with the EULA.
- Then run dpkg-buildpackage -e<email address> --no-pre-clean

This should create the -bin .deb package.