Way to lock makemkv to one drive and specify on command line

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
MikeyCarter

Way to lock makemkv to one drive and specify on command line

Post by MikeyCarter »

I'd like to see a way to lock makemkv to one drive.

That is to run makemkv /dev/sr2 from the command line and have it only work on that drive. I tend to run multiple copies of makemkv at the same time and it's auto-sensing get's annoying especially if one of my drives is running slow. It can take several minutes when you insert a disk.
austingrd

Re: Way to lock makemkv to one drive and specify on command

Post by austingrd »

Hi Mike, have you found a way to do this already? I'm not really sure but I don't think that this is possible yet. Perhaps in the future, developers could develop this.
Mistakes are learning tools. Image
BitJam2

Post by BitJam2 »

Did you try the command line paramter "dev:/dev/sr2"? That's works for me here in stream mode:

Code: Select all

$ ps aux | grep \[m]ake
$USER       46457  5.2 13.3 948108 540260 ?       Ssl  16:09   0:32 makemkvcon --bindport=52034 stream dev:/dev/sr0
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

MikeyCarter wrote:I'd like to see a way to lock makemkv to one drive.

That is to run makemkv /dev/sr2 from the command line and have it only work on that drive. I tend to run multiple copies of makemkv at the same time and it's auto-sensing get's annoying especially if one of my drives is running slow. It can take several minutes when you insert a disk.
Thant's how it works right now (for command line). If you specify the drive name then MakeMKV will only use this particular drive. To skip scanning all drives specify --noscan.