MakeMKV 1.8.5 for Linux : Thankyou ! :)

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
scjet

MakeMKV 1.8.5 for Linux : Thankyou ! :)

Post by scjet »

I've used makemkv for over a year now, and it's definitely worth the money.
I ONLY use Linux, Arch Linux to be exact.

Notwithstanding, I would just like to say a big thanks for making "makemkv" a very good application for Linux.
What I mean is:

- If only Adobe Premiere Pro had a "...would you like the Adobe Premiere Pro for Linux now ?..." -YEEEeees ! (even though "Kdenlive" is pretty good).
- If only Diablo 3, (and "ALL" the BIG 5-Star Games) had a "...would you like to downlaod and register Diablo 3 for Linux now?..." -YEEeesss !
- If only ... AutoCAD,... - a resounding YEEEeesss !

If the quality and support, from the BIG App/Game companies, would be there for Linux, and as long as their prices reflect the same prices that we pay for Windows/MacOSX products, then sure I'll gladly $PAY for it.
Granted, a LOT of others would also have to improve, aka better AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers, better Nvidia Drivers,..., but still.

ok, maybe the only thing I wouldn't buy, or use anyway, is M$ Office, even "IF" they ever ported it to linux.-it's caca, and almost dead now. In fact "Libreoffice", or even calligra natively in Linux is sooo much better, they're good enuf for me.

I'm NOT sayin' all of them, just maybe some of the BIG app software guys, aka Workstation-CAD/CAM, and Games :!: ,... would be worth it.
They better start realizing that Linux is more than just "here to stay" !
:wink:
maruska

Re: MakeMKV 1.8.5 for Linux : Thankyou ! :)

Post by maruska »

I only registered makemkv yesterday after playing with it. And since it was absolutely flawless with the few BD movies I had (excluding Avatar 3D), plus it includes super easy and functional DVD backup as well, money well spent. ;) The last time I paid for any Linux software was Nero few years back, which still works perfectly fine.
Well, VLC seems to die trying to playback any of the BD movies I have, whether using those two symlinks or with decrypted backup as well, but thet's problem of VLC, not makemkv.

Even though the DVD backup part is free, I registered it. That nice BD backup and super easy DVD backup combined in one are worth it in my book.

I know, this thread is not supposed to be the place for RFEs, but it would be nice if registered Linux users could also get to download area with packages for various distros. I'm always a bit scared when trying to '# make install' somewhere in /usr/lib. ;)

Anyway, thanks for this nice tool.
Skipadeedoodah

Re: MakeMKV 1.8.5 for Linux : Thankyou ! :)

Post by Skipadeedoodah »

+1. Runs great under Korora 19.

I use MakeMKV to rip all of my original, paid for BluRay movies, keeping the discs in pristine condition. Especially useful when you have a small one running around the place!

Just registered to register my appreciation and say a big Thank You to the developers :-)