HD audio tracks with makemkvcon

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
nfazz

HD audio tracks with makemkvcon

Post by nfazz »

I'm using the commandline version of makemkv in linux. I'm not interested in switching to the GUI, but I've reached the point where I'd now like to be able to access the DTS-HD and TrueHD audio streams. The commandline version only seems to output the DTS and AC3 streams by default, even though I know they're on the disc. Is there any way to make the commandline version output these streams?

Thanks
mike admin

Re: HD audio tracks with makemkvcon

Post by mike admin »

Yes, you need to change track selection rule, either the default rule i preferences, or write a custom profile and pass it to makemkvcon. Please see advanced section.
nfazz

Post by nfazz »

Thanks for your reply, Mike. I did do some research on my own before asking the question and found the information on track selection, but I'm still not quite sure how to make this happen. I can't find any default rules in preferences, mainly because I can't find any preferences for the commandline app. The only settings I know of are in the .MakeMKV folder, and there I can only find svq files, a settings.conf which only contains the app key from when I purchased the program, and an update.conf file. Do I just make a custom profile and put it in this folder? Or maybe I go into the GUI and make my changes and they then apply to the commandline version? Some basic instructions on how to use the commandline version of the program would be helpful. Maybe I'm just not finding them?
nfazz

Post by nfazz »

Ok, I randomly stumbled across this in the forums:

--profile path_to_profile_xml_file

This would be helpful to add to makemkvcon --help