ARMv6 support / Raspberry Pi

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Woodstock

Re: ARMv6 support / Raspberry Pi

Post by Woodstock » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:54 pm

Mike does not provide everything in source code for the Linux version. The proprietary pre-compiled portion is for Intel/AMD. Mike would have to have and ARM-based unit to do testing.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

luksol

Post by luksol » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:01 pm

I understand that part of the makemkv are pre-compiled binaries. If this is an issue with ARM availability, there are plenty of devices available for testing.
I could give Mike an access to some of mine via VPN. I have RPi, RPi 2 and Odroid X2 (not sure if the last one is still working, it was in my drawer for a long time)

blackbeltboyscout

Post by blackbeltboyscout » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:04 pm

Any update here?

I'll buy Mike a Raspberry Pi if that helps...

If this isn't in the cards for the foreseeable future, I'll try writing a script that will dd the disc and send to a central ripping server. Ideally, I want a box that accepts the disc and then spits it out with either a green success LED or a red error LED. This is easier if the whole ripping process occurs on one machine.

mwjmwj

Post by mwjmwj » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if Mike has further considered compiling the closed souce portion of MakeMKV for the Raspberry Pi? I think this would make for a wonderful little ripping/streaming platform with this excellent software.

As others have offered - happy to donate an RPi for development/testing purposes if it will help.

Let us know your thoughts, Mike. It would be good to hear an answer either way :-)

mmsri

Post by mmsri » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:42 pm

I have an Armv7l device and couple of Rp3s. Any way we could help Mike port the closed source of the excellent makemkv to these platforms? Any update on this thread??