External Blu Ray Drive dosnt work with Make MKV

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
razor187

External Blu Ray Drive dosnt work with Make MKV

Post by razor187 »

Hi Guys,

My External BD Drive LGBP40NS20 dosnt run with make MKV right now. Bevore (since 2 Years i have no Problem with Make MKV). They dont open de Blu Ray Disc, it runs Hours with no Option to Open it.

On Another Forum, i bekome the suggestion that i will create a new user Account to Test.

On the new User the Drive works Perfekt, with an Windows Laptop it Works Perfekt to.

Can you help me guys?

Log File:

Fehler 'Betriebssystemfehler - (ipc/send) invalid destination port' trat auf während des Auslesens von 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP40NS20 ML04' bei Offset '2242560'
Fehler 'Betriebssystemfehler - (ipc/send) invalid destination port' trat auf während des Auslesens von '/AACS/MKB_RO.inf' bei Offset '0'
Fehler 'Betriebssystemfehler - (ipc/send) invalid destination port' trat auf während des Auslesens von '/BDSVM/00000.svm' bei Offset '0'
Fehler 'Betriebssystemfehler - (ipc/send) invalid destination port' trat auf während des Auslesens von '/AACS/Content000.cer' bei Offset '0'
Das Öffnen der Disk schlug fehl
NShameA

Re: External Blu Ray Drive dosnt work with Make MKV

Post by NShameA »

Hello, Lights on, nobody home ), I've had this happen on drives when I needed to connect external power to them.

link to your drive, quick glance through,,,I missed anything about an external power supply.

oops

http://www.lg.com/us/burners-drives/lg- ... -dvd-drive

GL Sir
Last edited by NShameA on Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razor187

Post by razor187 »

The Drive uses 2 USB Ports to Power. And it Works well on Imac and Windows Laptop. But not with MY USER Account. With an Test Account on the same Imac it runs perfectly
razor187

Post by razor187 »

NShameA wrote:Hello, Lights on, nobody home ), I've had this happen on drives when I needed to connect external power to them.

link to your drive, quick glance through,,,I missed anything about an external power supply.

oops

http://www.lg.com/us/burners-drives/lg- ... -dvd-drive

GL Sir

????
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

razor187 wrote:The Drive uses 2 USB Ports to Power. And it Works well on Imac and Windows Laptop. But not with MY USER Account. With an Test Account on the same Imac it runs perfectly
That is a weird error situation. Definitely points to a permissions issue, but those should not change without intervention. Did you recently have to change your account permissions for something else?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
razor187

Post by razor187 »

Woodstock wrote:
razor187 wrote:The Drive uses 2 USB Ports to Power. And it Works well on Imac and Windows Laptop. But not with MY USER Account. With an Test Account on the same Imac it runs perfectly
That is a weird error situation. Definitely points to a permissions issue, but those should not change without intervention. Did you recently have to change your account permissions for something else?

No it Makes Problems since el Capitan on my Account. Yesterday an User give me the tip, to Create new user to test. And it Works. And it Works on an Windows Laptop to.

I dont know whot i can do, to run this drive on my Account or whot is Wrong:(
razor187

Post by razor187 »

Guys i Have the Problem Analysed. The APP Duet Display Makes the Problem. Is the APP Shuting Down, it Works Fine
SkipperDale

Post by SkipperDale »

Razor, you're fantastic! The app Duet Display was making my external drive totally unusable too. Quitting the app and restarting worked perfectly! I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what changed, and why I was no longer able to read discs.

Thank you! :D
Flintr

Post by Flintr »

My blu-ray drive doesn't work either! I purchased it b/c my DVD drive worked 100% fine.

If I open MakeMKV w/ the drive plugged in I get this error message: DEBUG: Code 0 at F>JXwv%D4 T>O,/t:213139736

I get no error code without the drive plugged in. Any suggestions?