Feature Improvements

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
RustyShamrock

Feature Improvements

Post by RustyShamrock »

I have now ripped 470+ of my DVD/BD collection, and have a couple of suggestions. First, PLEASE give me some kind of audible signal when makemkv is waiting for my input. It often takes minutes to come up with the title list, and then the rip itself is lengthy. A bell or some other sound would be a helpful alert when these processes complete.

Also, I've been taking advantage of the "New MakeMkv Instance" feature in order to operate two disk readers at the same time. There needs to be a method to "pin" each instance to a specific drive. Often an instance will switch (or attempt to switch) drives while the other drive is already in use (for instance, if the instance's disk is ejected, it may try to connect to the other drive). This can cause other drive (the one with a disk) to 'scrub' the disk (rapid head movements back and forth). Seems the offending instance must be killed to stop this. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to corrupt the other's read process.

Thanks for your consideration -- and the the hard work you've put into this application.
d00zah

Re: Feature Improvements

Post by d00zah »

RustyShamrock wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:43 pm
Also, I've been taking advantage of the "New MakeMkv Instance" feature in order to operate two disk readers at the same time. There needs to be a method to "pin" each instance to a specific drive. Often an instance will switch (or attempt to switch) drives while the other drive is already in use (for instance, if the instance's disk is ejected, it may try to connect to the other drive). This can cause other drive (the one with a disk) to 'scrub' the disk (rapid head movements back and forth). Seems the offending instance must be killed to stop this. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to corrupt the other's read process.
Check 'Ask for single drive mode' on the 'IO' preferences tab & restart MakeMKV.
RustyShamrock

Post by RustyShamrock »

Thanks! Didn't know what that was, but now that you mention it -- it makes sense.
FrankWet

Feature Improvements

Post by FrankWet »

Id like to have prioritisation.

How about a solution like the tabs in Safari? Make a pref pane where you can enable it and then, once enabled set specific prefs for the feature if there are.
drguiom

Post by drguiom »

a platform agnostic solution for notification would be useful.

Something like a a post to a Slack webhook?