The new version does not see my drive

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
coffenut

The new version does not see my drive

Post by coffenut »

I just upgraded to MakeMKV v1.150 Darwin(x64-release) and it says that "the program can't find any usable optical drives" yet when I put the disk in, the movie starts playing on my Mac. The drive is a Super Slim Drive-USB3.0 Model No GEPC072AS

Note Handbrake can also read the disc so it is definitely the new version of Make MKV v.1.150

Help! The previous version worked!
BlueMac77

Re: The new version does not see my drive

Post by BlueMac77 »

coffenut wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:24 am
I just upgraded to MakeMKV v1.150 Darwin(x64-release) and it says that "the program can't find any usable optical drives" yet when I put the disk in, the movie starts playing on my Mac. The drive is a Super Slim Drive-USB3.0 Model No GEPC072AS

Note Handbrake can also read the disc so it is definitely the new version of Make MKV v.1.150

Help! The previous version worked!
MakeMKV v1.150 version works fine in my Mac OSX. The app sees my Pioneer BDR-207 drive. Maybe you can try disconnecting and reconnecting your drive. You may also have two versions of MakeMKV installed in Mac OSX

coffenut

Post by coffenut »

Thank you. Alas, I tried replugging and unplugging and I tried rebooting.

I borrowed another external Blu-ray/dvd drive (VD-ROM Optiarc BD ROM BC-55002 1.83) and it sees it with no problem so it is definitely MKV and my Super Slim Drive-USB3.0 Model No GEPC072AS.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

On Windows 10 I'd suspect the recent (October) system "update" that adds additional security requirements on optical drives for programs not specifically enabled to access them.

There may be a similar security "fix" on the latest MacOS, what with everything needing to be "sandboxed" (which really just means getting grit in the gears of getting useful work done).
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
1likeh1f1

Post by 1likeh1f1 »

Yesterday, I downloaded MakeMKV and created a back-up for one of my Blu-ray audio disks. Today, I opened the MakeMKV app up to do the same with another disk and now the app states that it does not see my drive (i.e., the same one I used successfully yesterday). And I just used that drive a moment ago; so, it's not the drive. Also, there have been no updates into my system of any kind in this short period since I used the app successfully.

Any assistance is appreciated.