Post by oharag »

jdwarwick wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:14 am
Enabling the check box as root worked for me:

1-Open a Terminal window and type "sudo"
2-Control or right click on the MakeMKV app and select "Show package contents
3-Go to Mac OS folder and select the "makemkv" executable
4- Drop it into the Terminal window, hit return and enter your password

You should now be able to go to "Privacy & Security", select "App Management" and enable both "makemkv" and "MakeMKV". Then, in the integrations tab of MakeMKV you should be able to enable the integration.

Quit MakeMKV and reopen and the setting should have stuck.
Dude this worked for me. You da man. I have no clue how to use Terminal - rely on gurus like you to lead the way.

My only thoughts with your interactions - initially I had to also add Terminal to the Security App list and then quit Terminal (which also quit MakeMKV). The second time around it worked. I haven't rebooted - but both Handbrake and VLC radio buttons are checked even if I put Make MKV.

One question - does this actually work - I mean open HB and allow MKV to do all the decoding? Well I'm going to try right now.

Thanks again.
oharag

Re: makemkv was prevented from modifying apps on your mac

Post by oharag »

oharag wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:32 am
jdwarwick wrote:

You should now be able to go to "Privacy & Security", select "App Management" and enable both "makemkv" and "MakeMKV". Then, in the integrations tab of MakeMKV you should be able to enable the integration.

Dude this worked for me. You da man. I have no clue how to use Terminal - rely on gurus like you to lead the way.

My only thoughts with your interactions - initially I had to also add Terminal to the Security App list and then quit Terminal (which also quit MakeMKV). The second time around it worked. I haven't rebooted - but both Handbrake and VLC radio buttons are checked even if I put Make MKV.

One question - does this actually work - I mean open HB and allow MKV to do all the decoding? Well I'm going to try right now.

Thanks again.
So no - no it doesn't work for handbrake. I opened MKV thinking it needed to be open for this to work. I then opened HB and seated a DVD (that MKV can read). I got the same HB warning about copy protection - and said continue - HB tried and tried - but failed.

So does this actually work - has anyone got this to work?

I'm going to reboot and give it the college try again - will report back to you.
oharag

Post by oharag »

oharag wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:36 am
oharag wrote:
jdwarwick wrote:

Thanks again.
So no - no it doesn't work for handbrake. I opened MKV thinking it needed to be open for this to work. I then opened HB and seated a DVD (that MKV can read). I got the same HB warning about copy protection - and said continue - HB tried and tried - but failed.

I'm going to reboot and give it the college try again - will report back to you.
Reboot didn't work. I SO WANTED THIS TO WORK. I love MakeMKV. It does a great job. Fast - seems to make a backup of everything I've thrown at it (which is like only 4 titles do far). I just wish it exported in Mp4!!!!

Has any gotten this MakeMKV - mods other apps (VLC and Handbrake) to work? Again - does it even work?

Hey MakeMKV - if you are listening please:
- allow for merging multiple files into one file - maybe allow for a pause between movie and additional content.
- please consider Mp4 - unless there is a licensing fee involved. For most mkv file format is great - for a Mac user - using Apple TV/iPhones/iPads - Mp4 is much better. AND Plex loves Mp4 as well.
oharag

Post by oharag »

oharag wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:43 am
oharag wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:36 am
oharag wrote:

Thanks again.

Reboot didn't work. I SO WANTED THIS TO WORK. I love MakeMKV. It does a great job. Fast - seems to make a backup of everything I've thrown at it (which is like only 4 titles do far). I just wish it exported in Mp4!!!!

Has any gotten this MakeMKV - mods other apps (VLC and Handbrake) to work? Again - does it even work?

Hey MakeMKV - if you are listening please:
- allow for merging multiple files into one file - maybe allow for a pause between movie and additional content.
- please consider Mp4 - unless there is a licensing fee involved. For most mkv file format is great - for a Mac user - using Apple TV/iPhones/iPads - Mp4 is much better. AND Plex loves Mp4 as well.
Well I never knew VLC could rip movies - you learn something everyday. So I tried VLC - after assigning mkv as decoder - and sure it seemed to work. But man it is slow - the interface and setup SUCKS. And in the end I got a Mp4 that is very slow to open in Quicktime - and I managed to get - what I believe - is all of the languages at once. It was disturbing - oh and playback is slow as well - almost intolerable. '=

ATM mkv rules the roost.