Error 'OS error - (ipc/send) invalid destination port

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
mrgreen4242

Error 'OS error - (ipc/send) invalid destination port

Post by mrgreen4242 »

I'm getting this error on everything I try to rip now. I had a handful of successful rips, so I know everything was working OK before. The error is:

Error 'OS error - (ipc/send) invalid destination port' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00150.m2ts' at offset '0'
Error 'OS error - (ipc/send) invalid destination port' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00150.m2ts' at offset '0'
Failed to save title 1 to file /Users/robertmcfadden/Desktop/TEMP RIPS/title01.mkv

The rip starts and immediately fails, and it looks like to disc unmounts and remounts. I'm using 1.6.15, which I installed after deleting 1.6.14 and then rebooting. I'm using the DASPI kext version 1.3. Also, it's a Samsung USB slim BD drive.

Help!
mrgreen4242

Re: Error 'OS error - (ipc/send) invalid destination port

Post by mrgreen4242 »

OK, I think this might be related to not enough power in the drive, which is weird since it was working with the exact same setup before. This model takes two USB ports to power up, and was on a powered hub. I moved it directly to two ports on my iMac and it worked. Bummer since I am low on USB ports, so I might just try an external AC->USB power supply.