Newbie, question about first BR rip

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
melbri

Newbie, question about first BR rip

Post by melbri »

Tried MakeMKV for the first time on my mac book. It only made a copy of my BR, it did not make a .MKV file.

Did i do something wrong? Was there a setting I was supposed to select?
Woodstock

Re: Newbie, question about first BR rip

Post by Woodstock »

Well, a lot depends upon what you ASKED it to do.... :)

When the BD is inserted, did you select "backup disk", or "open disk"?

To create the MKV files, you first Open the disk, which will give you the the list of tracks on the disk to chose from. Backup doesn't do that.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
melbri

Post by melbri »

I'm guessing 'back up' as i did not get the list of tracks. I'll try again tonight. thanks.
melbri

Post by melbri »

Worked great.

So is MakeMKV going to be like AnyDVD? I used that for years on the PC until I switched to mac. I am using MakeMKV to decode as parallels will not allow me to use my usb br rom.

MakeMKV seems to be very straight forward.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

For me, MakeMKV is a lot more powerful than AnyDVD. I have a licence for both my Linux and Windows machines so I can use it on both my machines; and because I use media players like the WDTV to watch my movies, MakeMKV provides a 1 step solution to getting my movies onto my TV.

I have never had a need for "on-the-fly" decryption, in my mind MakeMKV is a more effective and elegant solution.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox