Latest Version "Locks" BD Drive Until Full Shutdown

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
nwoolls

Latest Version "Locks" BD Drive Until Full Shutdown

Post by nwoolls »

After upgrading to the latest version of MakeMKV, my BD drive becomes unusable after ripping a blu-ray. After I rip a blu-ray and quit MakeMKV, the drive will not eject. In addition, launching MakeMKV or Disk Utility afterward leads to unresponsive and unusable applications as they (I assume) try to access the BD drive.

This didn't happen with 1.2.5, but I also upgraded to Mountain Lion which may make a difference. In addition, I do not have the additional DASPI driver installed, as that had given me problems in the past when combined with VMware Fusion.

Thanks in advance. Having to do a full shutdown (restart doesn't work) to get my drive working again is sort of a pain!
nwoolls

Re: Latest Version "Locks" BD Drive Until Full Shutdown

Post by nwoolls »

After another couple days of this it seems like this happens eventually with or without the use of MakeMKV. It happens immediately after ripped a blu-ray, but happens eventually either way. Annoying! Now to figure out if it's the drive or something else. But looks like MakeMKV is in the clear! False alarm.
nwoolls

Re: Latest Version "Locks" BD Drive Until Full Shutdown

Post by nwoolls »

Grabbed a new BD drive and no longer having this issue. Apparently it was the drive going south.