How-To: Automate DVD & Blu-Ray (Backup, Encoding & Tagging)

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
jim.lynch

Re: How-To: Automate DVD & Blu-Ray (Backup, Encoding & Tagging)

Post by jim.lynch »

Hi, my Automator seems to be different.
The top line reads "Service receives selected <files or folders> in <Finder>
There is no option to save as folder action, just simple Save As.. with no option to change path.
I can't find a option for folder actions anywhere, I am using OS X 10.6, wondering if Automator is different. Any help would be appreciated.
Kudos for the amount of effort that you have put into this.
jim.lynch

Post by jim.lynch »

Hi Mac.Jedi

Thanks for your quick reply, that worked fine, I had opened the service by mistake.
I've tried with a couple of BDs (Leon, Shawshank Redemption) and the script runs fine, however it states "No tracks on this disc are longer then the minimum track time setting".
When I use the MakeMKV GUI it identifies the title tracks with no problem, preferences are set to the default 120 seconds.
I have tried increasing this to 180 seconds but get the same message. Any suggestions?

I could PM you with these problems, but I figure that others may run into the same issues, so it will be useful to keep it all on the board.

Thanks for your patience.

Jim
DaveGee

Post by DaveGee »

This is strange, I can't even get out of the starting gate... and I believe I've followed the instructions but since they aren't in a simple list form I may have skipped over something...

1 - I downloaded the dmg with the workflow folder and installer and use the installer and then dragged the workflow folder to my desktop and unmounted the dmg
2 - I downloaded the growl installer (the comments above made it seem like this was a necessary step even if I don't normally rely on growl for anything

Comment about installing the commandline version of growl...

2 Next, in the DMG file, locate the install.sh file (/Volumes/Growl-1.2/Extras/growlnotify/install.sh)
3 Open Terminal.app from your Applications/Utilities folder
4 Then, drag the install.sh file onto the Terminal window
5 Press the Return key to run the install script and enter your administrator password
6 growlNotify will then be installed in a hidden directory used for command line tools: /usr/local/bin

This fails to install anything... the installer can't find any of the files it needs to install...

What I did was

1 - enter terminal
2 - become root
3 - cd Growl-1.2/Extras/growlnotify/
4 - ./installer.sh

Then the install worked as intended.

Now the next step I found was to open the: Batch Rip.workflow and start doing some config steps...

This is where I fail....

When I open the Workflows (folder) --> "Batch Rip.workflow" that I dragged to my desktop folder I get the following error from Automator:

! The behavior of this workflow may have changed because of the reasons listed below.

"The action "Batch Rip" could not be loaded because it could not be located.
Try reinstalling the action

[OK]

Any ideas?

EDIT: /slaps-head Yea I needed to actually READ the very FIRST line to tell me where I went wrong... "for Mac OS X 10.6"

For my ever curious brain... what was done in (added to) 10.6 that would make these scripts not work in 10.5.8?

Sorry! :mrgreen: