Version 1.8.1

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
joefoerster

Version 1.8.1

Post by joefoerster »

Installed 1.8.1 today and I like the new graphic when the tray is open. Had no trouble until I ejected the disc. Finder showed the disc unmounting and the tray opened but MakeMKV still thought it was trying to eject the disc. I finally Quit to stop it; MakeMKV asked if I wanted to stop the current operation. Since the disc had already ejected, I said Yes. Re-launching and ripping another disc went fine but once again ejecting hung in MakeMKV even though the disc actually ejected. Went back to 1.8.0 until fixed. :D
mike admin

Re: Version 1.8.1

Post by mike admin »

joefoerster wrote:Re-launching and ripping another disc went fine but once again ejecting hung in MakeMKV even though the disc actually ejected. Went back to 1.8.0 until fixed. :D
What happens if you first use File->Close menu to get back to a first screen and then eject from there? Same problem?

Can you try waiting couple minutes to see if it will eject in the end at all?
joefoerster

Post by joefoerster »

mike admin wrote:
joefoerster wrote:Re-launching and ripping another disc went fine but once again ejecting hung in MakeMKV even though the disc actually ejected. Went back to 1.8.0 until fixed. :D
What happens if you first use File->Close menu to get back to a first screen and then eject from there? Same problem?

Hi Mike,

I will have to re-install 1.8.1 to test your suggestion of using File > Close, but I did wait for several minutes and it never realized that the OS had already unmounted and ejected the disc.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

I can report this exact same behavior on my Linux box. The OS ejects the disc, MakeMKV reacts like it is still waiting with the giant drive icon spinning the disc. On exit, mkvcon process is still running.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

You eject the disc that is "opened" (showing title tree) or "closed" (main screen, drive with disc inserted). On what screen do you press eject?

Also, could it be related that eject hangs after the disc that required audio transcoding? When you have makemkvcon hanging, do yo have by any chance a child mmffmpeg running as well?
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Hi Mike,

No ffmpeg running or transcoding, and MakeMKV is on the tree screen, following a successful rip of a disc.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
joefoerster

Post by joefoerster »

joefoerster wrote:
mike admin wrote:

Hi Mike,

I will have to re-install 1.8.1 to test your suggestion of using File > Close, but I did wait for several minutes and it never realized that the OS had already unmounted and ejected the disc.
OK, tried your suggestion. Selected the File > Close menu to get back to the first screen. Then clicked the Eject icon across the top left of the window. The disc ejected from the drive and the Finder showed it unmount. The info window (right pane) in MakeMKV says in bold letters "No disc inserted" but the icon in the left pane shows a spinning disc and flashing access light. Left it for 5 minutes or so and finally chose MakeMKV > Quit MakeMKV and saw a dialog pop up saying "Are you sure you want to cancel the current operation?" with a No and a Yes button. I clicked Yes. MakeMKV quit as expected. :(
ChrisJ60

Post by ChrisJ60 »

I see the exact same issues. OS X 10.8.3. I am using an external USB2 DVD drive (Slimtype eTAU108 3 AL03) and an external USB2 Blu-Ray drive (BD-RE TSSTcorp BDDVDW SE-506AB TS01). Are there any diagnostics I can capture to help you diagnose this so we can get a fix?
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

I think Mike is already working on it, he said 1.8.2 will be out soon to resolve the issue.