Video & Scrambled

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
chase43078

Video & Scrambled

Post by chase43078 »

I am new to this program, but think it is great so far. I have successfully ripped several Blu Ray discs for use on my apple TVs. I have run into a problem with a few. I have two movies in particular that will rip with the current SVQ file, but the video and audio are completely scrambled. The pixels are all mixed up. Any advice?
mike admin

Re: Video & Scrambled

Post by mike admin »

can you please provide more information? what are the discs? were there any errors displayed during conversion?
chase43078

Post by chase43078 »

The two movies I am trying to encode are "The Secret Life of Bees" and "The Proposal." Both are Blu Ray discs. I receive no error messages. They rip just fine and everything seems successful, until I try to watch the file. At that point, all of the pixels are mixed up and scrambled. It seems like I need a decoder to watch them. I loaded the files into handbrake svn just to see if the video preview was jumbled as well, and it was.

Usually, I rip my blu ray movies with MakeMKV first and then re-encode them to apple TV format with handbrake (sometimes have to remux audio from DTS). MakeMKV is the best for ripping since it retains all of the chapters and it is VERY fast. I would love to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

please open preferences dialog, enable "log debug messages", restart the program and convert disc. In the lower pane it will display "log file saved as XXX", please send us this log file to svq@makemkv.com or post it here. The log file may contain your username so feel free to edit it out before sending. Please do this for both discs and keep in mind that MakeMKV overwrites the log file on each start.
chase43078

Post by chase43078 »

Here is the log file for "The Secret Life of Bees"
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(12.89 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
chase43078

Post by chase43078 »

The other file: The Proposal
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(11 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
chase43078

Post by chase43078 »

Any news?
chase43078

Post by chase43078 »

OK, well I ended up purchasing AnyDVD HD and the problem is solved. Now I just need to find an easy way to convert DTS to AC3...
bing281

Post by bing281 »

I have the same problem with the proposal.

After I use MakeMKV to extract the MKV and put it into handbrake it errors out.

Anyone have any information on this problem?

Thanks