This application is too old

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
zokes

This application is too old

Post by zokes »

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of MakeMKV for OSX today, and every time I start the program, I get the following message:

"This application is too old. Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com or enter a registration key to continue using the current version".

The problem is, I am using the most recent version available on the makeMKV website.

Help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Mark
mike admin

Re: This application is too old

Post by mike admin »

zokes wrote:Hi,
I downloaded the latest version of MakeMKV for OSX today, and every time I start the program, I get the following message:
"This application is too old. Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com or enter a registration key to continue using the current version".
The problem is, I am using the most recent version available on the makeMKV website.
Our fault - the next version should be released tomorrow.
zokes

Post by zokes »

Excellent - that solves that problem then!

Looking forward to seeing how fast my brand new iMac can crunch through a Blu-Ray, as my MacBook Air nearly melted when I last tried!
HLR Video

Post by HLR Video »

I'm having a similar problem: I just downloaded version 1.8.6, but upon launching I see a message telling me that my trial period has expired. When I check the About, the Evaluation shows expired, but my license expiration date is Jan 7 2014. I did have an earlier version installed last July which I replaced.
jrstickles

Post by jrstickles »

zokes wrote:Excellent - that solves that problem then!

Looking forward to seeing how fast my brand new iMac can crunch through a Blu-Ray, as my MacBook Air nearly melted when I last tried!
I realize your statement is a bit old now, but I've heard Macs are great for crunching video, so I was curious how fast can you rip a Blu-Ray? My Win7 box will do roughly 1G/min, what's the iMac doing? Thanks!

P.S.
I'm not trying to turn this into a P3n!s measuring contest. I'm simply curious how much better (or the same) the Mac is.
Wondercow

Post by Wondercow »

jrstickles wrote:I realize your statement is a bit old now, but I've heard Macs are great for crunching video, so I was curious how fast can you rip a Blu-Ray? My Win7 box will do roughly 1G/min, what's the iMac doing? Thanks!
For reference:

System
Mac Pro 4,1 (March 3, 2009-July 27, 2010)
2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with Hyper-Threading
Optical drive: 2 x LG BH14NS40
Hard drive: 1 x WDC WD30EZRX-00DC0B0, 3Gb/s

Ripping two BDs simultaneously
Drive 1: 27m 27s (36.87 GB, 9 tracks)
Drive 2: 31m 13s (38.25 GB, 16 tracks)
Makemkvcon (the process that runs behind the MakeMKV GUI) generally uses 100-112% CPU (out of 1600% max.) though it will occasionally spike up to 160%, for each process.

Ripping one BD
Drive 1: 27m 15s (36.87 GB, 9 tracks)
Makemkvcon generally uses 100-112% CPU though it will occasionally spike up to 160%.

Ripping a single, long track [The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition (182m)]
Drive 1: 26m 21s (35.95 GB)
I'm not trying to turn this into a P3n!s measuring contest. I'm simply curious how much better (or the same) the Mac is.
In my experience most people here couldn't care less what system one uses--which is quite a breath of fresh air! :D
eodermatt

Post by eodermatt »

Hello MakeMKV:

I am receiving this message about the application being too old. I uninstalled the application, erased any file from Finder with MakeMKV on it, downloaded the .dmv file from the website, and reinstalled. Same message.

I am running a MacBook Pro with OSX Version 10.9.3.

Help!

- Emily :)
rob_deas

Post by rob_deas »

I have the same problem, I have just downloaded the latest version and installed it and it immediately gives the same error message. Removing it, downloading again, installing again in case I made some mistake - same result.

From previous replies it looks as though this is some kind of flag set by MKV on the download? It would be great if this could be fixed so it works.

Failing that, can anyone recommend another BluRay ripper to try instead?

Robert
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

We may have to cross reference all these threads so people will stop posting on them.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7975
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7979
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7989

Current beta key:

Code: Select all

T-5o_eC30IouHhhcMhc7zCTYBADWLqlYWayIs2ahFAuN8YCHEu5sqxf@mfQA96autdEw
rob_deas

Post by rob_deas »

Thank you ndjamena.
arcohen23

Post by arcohen23 »

I got the same message, bought the program so I could use it, and realized it did not do what I wanted at all. How do I get a refund?
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Perhaps contact support@makemkv.com

SC
gab_lar

Post by gab_lar »

Hi. I've downloaded the most recent version of beta today. When opening I'm still getting the 'your version is too old' message. Any tips please? Using OSX Mavericks.
Thanks.
sharon

Post by sharon »

I had the same problem. "This application is too old" popped up, so I downloaded the most recent version, 1.8.11. The same message popped up, so I checked versions. Nope, no issue there. But, I found on another board that there's a registration key for the Beta, good until September 2014. Go here to get it:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

The beta is working just fine for me. I'm on a Mac Mini running 10.9.4