mac os x screen saver not kicking in while converting

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
johnnygoodface

mac os x screen saver not kicking in while converting

Post by johnnygoodface »

Hi,
anyone experiencing the same annoying issue: when MakeMKM is doing a BluRay conversion the Screen Saver doesn't kick in... so my display is always on until the conversion process is complete... When it's done, then the Screensave will work.

thx
J.
mike admin

Re: mac os x screen saver not kicking in while converting

Post by mike admin »

This is unfortunately by design. MakeMKV prevents your mac going to sleep mode during conversion. To my best knowledge there is no API to prevent sleep, but still allow screensaver to run.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

In theory it should be possible:
kIOPMAssertionTypeNoIdleSleep wrote:kIOPMAssertionTypeNoDisplaySleep
Use as AssertionType argument to IOPMAssertionCreate. The idle display will not sleep when enabled, and consequently the system will not idle sleep.
When asserted and set to level kIOPMAssertionLevelOn, the system will prefer to enter the Dark Wake state, or remain in Dark Wake if already there, rather than go to sleep.

[…]

kIOPMAssertionTypeNoIdleSleep
Pass as the AssertionType argument to IOPMAssertionCreate. The system will not idle sleep when enabled (display may sleep). Note that the system may sleep for other reasons.
When asserted and set to level kIOPMAssertionLevelOn, the system will prefer to enter the Dark Wake state, or remain in Dark Wake if already there, rather than go to sleep.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Thanks, MakeMKV is still using 10.5-compatible API and the power assertions got introduced in 10.6 . I was unaware of them. Will be fixed in the next version.
johnnygoodface

Post by johnnygoodface »

Any progress on this?

Thx :)
Jean